What if I go over my allowance for carbs and under for calor

Options
I have 3 carbs left to eat for the day but 223 calories left to go. What do I do? Is going over my carb limit a little bit a bad thing??? How much is too much to go over? Soneone please Help!!!

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You could go over your carb limit, it won't hurt to miss it one day. You could also have some no-carb foods like nuts, cheese, or meats.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Nuts don't have carbs? I did not know that.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Nuts don't have carbs? I did not know that.

True, very little at least. Almonds have 4g per oz, peanuts have 5g per oz.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I consistantly go over on my carbs (around 30 or so) but under on my calories. Is that super bad?
  • racenews
    racenews Posts: 13
    Options
    Because of my diabetes, I know I can't go over my carb limit for the day. That carb limit is slightly different than what is on MyFitnessPal.com due to instructions from my Diabetic Dietician to keep to a strict limit of 200 per day--- preferably, well below 200.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    When I started mfp, I focused only on staying under for cals, and over time, my eating has become much cleaner, and has shifted to more protein. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It begins with small steps and before you know it, you will see big changes.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    It really depends on the person I think. It really is about calories in vs. calories out. But personally I lose weight a lot faster when I try to keep my carbs low(ish).
  • misscrene2
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!!!::happy: