What do you drink when it's cold outside?

Options
Just wondering what everyone drinks when it's cold outside?

My water from the tap tastes ocean-ey and has a high amount of limestone in it. -_- My willingness to drink some cold not refreshing water right now with it all snowy is... well... zero. I am having a hard time staying hydrated without drinking 99% diet soda. So sad. I need inspiration!

Anyone have any good recipes or hydrating drinks to drink in the winter? I was thinking something like aqua fresca/infusions/hot drinks/etc.

Let's share!

(P.S. I live in a country where there is no crystal light, mio, or small bottles of water sold in bulk. :cry: )

Replies

• rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hot tea! Fruit flavored like rasberry or Meyer lemon. I use trivia to sweeten. Disguises any water I have ever tasted
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I only drink black tea (with splenda and almond joy creamer) and diet coke. Never water, and we have fabulous tap water, lol.

• MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Green tea
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll drink herbal or non-caffeine teas when it's cold. No calories unless you add some sweetener. You could try hot water with a squeeze of lemon, that's good too - I also like it cold. My water is very mineral rich but I like it, it's just like drinking bottled water without the waste (or price tag).

You know, I never used to drink water AT ALL before MFP. As I've gotten used to not drinking calories in the form of iced tea, juices etc my thirst for water has gradually come back.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea...various flavors...hot in the winter, cold in the summer, room temperature in between.

It's hard to make specific suggestions not knowing what country you are in.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea...various flavors...hot in the winter, cold in the summer, room temperature in between.

It's hard to make specific suggestions not knowing what country you are in.

Danmark. :)

• rainbowbow
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes, so tea it is!

I should be drinking more hot teas, i just think about this elusive "2-3 Liters of water a day" goal I feel like i can never reach. (Yes, i know, just use pee as a reference for hydration.Still, I am fully hydrated on 6+ diet soda cans a day! LOL)

Now if only we had splenda or sweet n low here. XD
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea,jack, jim, jose....
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I still prefer cold drinks mostly.
    Cold filtered water, unsweetened iced tea or unsweetened hot tea.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Same thing as I drink when it's hot outside -- coffee. Always lots and lots of coffee.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I have to filter our water here. I use the brita pitchers. Bottled water gets expensive and we go through a lot.

I drink a lot more hot tea when it's cold. My current favorite is a mango black tea. I like cinnamon spiced ones too. I also drink some coffee.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Tea and hot chocolate. Coffee when I can get espresso drinks...otherwise when at home it's tea, tea, tea, hot chocolate, tea x 10, hot chocolate...

I drink black and green teas. All types. Black with soya milk, green plain.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    That's it! I'm going tea shopping!!

:)
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    tea! alllllllllllllll the tea
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of hot tea, and some coffee. I can't bring myself to drink plain water unless I am really thirsty or it is really hot outside.

So far today 6 cups of coffee and 9 cups of herbal tea. I usually drink a lot less coffee but today was just a coffee kind of day.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Water, coffee, and tea. Occasionally I'll have freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or hot chocolate.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Any kind of hot tea (with Splenda). I'm obsessed. 3xn057sq69vz.jpeg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Pawsforme wrote: »
    Same thing as I drink when it's hot outside -- coffee. Always lots and lots of coffee.
    This.

I might drink an extra cup if it's really cold. :wink:

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    That could be a picture of MY tea cabinet! (Except mine has some Earl Grey on it, too...)
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A couple of frozen berries and a couple slices of lemon in a pitcher of warm or cold water and I find myself drinking litres of water. I was never a fan of water before.