i gain weight when i eat my exercise calories back!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM with a chest strap too, so I feel pretty confident that my calories are close. I only eat back some of mine, and only if I'm hungry. When I eat all of mine back, I gain or stay the same....never lose!
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My HRM with chest strap is off. I was hooked up to a portable ekg thingy recently and it was 2 beats per minute off. So I decide to wear it all day. I made it only 20 hours and the HRM said I was already OVER 5000 cals but my BMR is only 1500. So, ya think its off a bit? With that said, I feel your frustration in wanting to know exactly your cal burn and cal consumption and all that. I am with you on wanting it to be a more exact science.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I lose weight when I eat mine, everyone is different.

Me too.
    Find what works for you. Maybe eating half would work for you.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    ok so i gave it a try and eating my exercise calories back just isnt doing it for me..when i wasnt eating them i was losing but since i started to try it i have put back on 3 pounds..so not doing that no more

I do not do it either, it just doesnt work for me, like you, i either stay where i am or gain.
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm the same - just sticking to the calorie limit only now too
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    I never eat mine back and im down 34 pounds
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're either adding too many calories for the exercise or too few calories for the food. It's okay to not eat them all back. Just do half or so.
  • scottRN
    scottRN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't think the calories that MFP gives you for exercise is accurate. If I ride my stationary bike, the bike tells me that I have only burned 100 calories but MFP tells me that I have burned doubled that. I think that may cause you to be eating more calories than you actually have.

While I think MFP does overestimate a bit, you need to remember that your bike does not know how much you weigh. The more you weigh the more you burn in that same amount of time.
  • ramosriley
    ramosriley Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't think the calories that MFP gives you for exercise is accurate. If I ride my stationary bike, the bike tells me that I have only burned 100 calories but MFP tells me that I have burned doubled that. I think that may cause you to be eating more calories than you actually have.

While I think MFP does overestimate a bit, you need to remember that your bike does not know how much you weigh. The more you weigh the more you burn in that same amount of time.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods were you eating back? I try to eat at least half back but i use it as my after workout protein carb boost. I am only at 1200 calories so eating back for me isnt that bad, I hope.