protein based breakfast?

Options
kerridiculous
kerridiculous Posts: 6 Member
i'm looking for a breakfast recipe that's mainly protein, but not a lot of calories. i know the obvious choice is eggs... but i'm sick of eggs. any other ideas?

Replies

• maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    lean ham, chicken. I love oatmeal and i put a scoop of protien powder in it. TAstes pretty good
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and i put a scoop of protien powder in it. TAstes pretty good

Kinda love that idea
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    A glass of milk or smoothie. i get these breakfast pitas from Costco that are 6 grams of protein, they are full of seeds and raisins. Kashi Go Lean Crunch! Protein & High Fiber Cereal is 10 grams
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The protein powder in oatmeal is actually pretty good. You could also just add a protein shake in the morning.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I drink vanilla almond milk. Sometimes mix it with oatmeal or pour it over a cereal with added protein.
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Options
    Lean turkey patty (4 oz) the 90/10 is only 160 calories, add some Mrs. Dash and it tastes like sausage without all the extra fat:bigsmile:

And, no mystery chunks (that I always seem to find in sausage):noway:
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a little granola and berries is yummy!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I like a protein powder shake made with almond milk and a Luna Bar.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you get some lean ground turkey, there are some recipes online that you can use to season it to taste like breakfast sausage (sage etc...) Did it years ago and it was pretty good!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you get some lean ground turkey, there are some recipes online that you can use to season it to taste like breakfast sausage (sage etc...) Did it years ago and it was pretty good!
    OMG.. This may just change my life. lol
  • kportelli70
    Options
    This morning I had oatmeal ( 3g of protein) and a Yoplait Greek yogurt (14g of protein).
    For a morning snack I had a protein shake (16g of protein).
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Why don't you buy some nonfat plain greek yogurt. If you don't like it plain, then add a tsp of agave.

With agave: 120 cals, 18 grams protein (chobani and fage brands)

also, siggi's icelandic-style skyr yogurt is like greek yogurt and comes in some light flavors that use agave to sweeten. They are also nonfat and 14-15 grams protein.
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a little granola and berries is yummy!

I had that for breakfast myself! Yummy and surprisingly filling.
  • AAJoseph
    AAJoseph Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gotta a shake I love that combines the protein and oatmeal (when I am in the mood for something a lil' diff than my ordinary hot oatmeal or cold muesli):

Protein (for this shake I use FF Plain Greek Yogurt for ~23g but protein powder will do)
    1/2 cup dry oatmeal
    1/2 an apple
    Raisins (to taste)
    Dash of: Cinnamon, Nutmeg (and I add a lil' Allspice)
    Blend with/ without ice for your taste!

Almost forgot... a lil water to get it going! Have used coconut water (not juice), almond milk, soy milk, skim milk, and other liquids... but I like to keep the sugar lower, the raisins do their *sweet* job!
  • sam1320
    sam1320 Posts: 24
    Options
    canadian bacon, egg beaters, and turkey medallions so gooood!! :)
  • sam1320
    sam1320 Posts: 24
    Options
    canadian bacon, egg beaters, and turkey medallions so gooood!! :)
  • Nateorious
    Nateorious Posts: 26
    Options
    Cottage Cheese or Boca Sausage Links (like boca meatless burger brand) both have great protein.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with fresh blueberries
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!

I am not a fan of protein shakes, so I make protein pancakes/waffles or protein "brownies/cake" and who doesn't love cake for breakfast!! lol