Proud mommy moment!

Hey all!
Just had to brag for a moment. I dished up my 2 year old son a bowl of butterfinger icecream(yummy) for dessert tonight. He took one bite, pushed it aside, walked over to the counter and asked me to cut him a pear! I was in total shock....... wish I had his tastebuds! I'm trying to eat right and apparently he's watching. What great motivation! :laugh:

Replies

• jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Hey all!
    Just had to brag for a moment. I dished up my 2 year old son a bowl of butterfinger icecream(yummy) for dessert tonight. He took one bite, pushed it aside, walked over to the counter and asked me to cut him a pear! I was in total shock....... wish I had his tastebuds! I'm trying to eat right and apparently he's watching. What great motivation! :laugh:
  • wow that's great You're obviously doing something right!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    kids say the carziest things
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Wow that must mean your changes will make a lasting effect in more than one life! Good for you!:drinker:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    That is awesome!!!! I wish my kids were like that! What a great example for you to set mommy!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Wow! That is really great.

That is great motivation! Keep it up.

:drinker:
  • It is great that you are instilling great habits while your child is young. We are trying to "undo" years of bad habits with our thirteen year old daughter.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    LOL That is so cute!

I have a 3 1/2 year old little boy that I have been watching for about a year now. According to his mom he doesnt like anything chocolate (unless its chocolate milk....he wont drink plain) or fast food like fries or chicken nuggets. When I first started watching him, I made him a PB&J one day for lunch and he told me he didnt like it because it tasted like candy (the strawberry jelly was to sweet!). So now I always keep turkey breast or fat free turkey hot dogs on hand for him to have for lunch. I always give him good choices, but its really funny when we try something different and he tells me "it makes my tummy hurt"....which means he doesnt like it or its too sweet. :happy:
  • wow thanks for posting this! This really gives me some motivation since I have a little one as well! I don't want him to pick up bad eating habits. I also don't want to ever reward my child with "food" either. I think this leads to so many of our problems b/c we think of food as a reward. Again, good for you for teaching him healthy habits!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!