Damn Peanut Butter!

Options
I was doing so good! And had about 100 calories saved for dinner. Went in for ONE spoon of PB, and had 6... 540 cals! REWIND REWIND!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lolololol

but was it worth it?
  • CarolSikes
    CarolSikes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know - it's shocking isn't how much that stuff "costs" in calories, isn't it? And to think I used to just sit and eat it by the spoonful as well.
    Rewinding comes when tomorrow shows up - just learn from it and it will be okay.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I just discovered powdered peanut butter. It's called PB2 and has 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter - because they press out the peanut oil. I've been putting it in my morning oatmeal, and there are many other ways to use it.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep, and then you get cancer from the peanuts! Almond butter safer but just as addictive lol
  • jgalvan1013
    jgalvan1013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    I just discovered powdered peanut butter. It's called PB2 and has 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter - because they press out the peanut oil. I've been putting it in my morning oatmeal, and there are many other ways to use it.

I gotta get some! I've seen it around before . Thanks!!
  • jgalvan1013
    jgalvan1013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And edit*
    I meant I had 1000 cals saved, not 100. That would be a crappy dinner
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I was super unimpressed to find out how much sugar is in peanut butter! shot me through the roof for my sugar requirement the other day.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was super unimpressed to find out how much sugar is in peanut butter! shot me through the roof for my sugar requirement the other day.

Just make sure you get all natural where the ingredients are just peanuts and sometimes salt. It's very low and sugar and tastes much better.
  • OyGeeBiv
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This stuff has changed my life! And no, I don't work for the company. o:)

PB2
    INGREDIENTS:
    Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams) <- that's 2 T of the POWDER
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 2%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat 0g
    Cholesterol <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g

Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    1pdl11z97fig.jpg
    I love this stuff for making peanut sauce. No salt, no sugar, just peanuts.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options

@ObsidianMist Just get the 100% stuff. If you're in the UK go to Holland & Barrett and get Meridian PB. The only ingredient is peanuts, you just need to be prepared to stir it a little bit when you open it. Some people can't stand the taste of it, but I love it. If you're elsewhere in the world, just have a look on eBay, you'll find something.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options

@64crayons Doesn't losing most of the fat sort of lose many of the benefits of having peanut butter?
  • Fitnesspromiddleton
    Options
    No way, I just wrote in my notes section that I have to stop my peanut butter addiction. It is definitely my weakness. Thanks to those who posted this powder peanut butter. I will have to look into it.
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »

@64crayons Doesn't losing most of the fat sort of lose many of the benefits of having peanut butter?

I guess it depends on which benefits you're looking for.

PB2 is lower in fat and calories. For people who love peanut butter but don't want the calories, it's a good fit. For people who want to get more fat in their diets, eating nuts is a better choice. I like having a choice.

Are there other benefits to peanuts that I haven't considered?
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    1pdl11z97fig.jpg

That looks great! I'll check that out when my PB2 runs out. Are you able to use it all before the expiration date? I'm wondering if freezing it makes any difference.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    @ObsidianMist Just get the 100% stuff. If you're in the UK go to Holland & Barrett and get Meridian PB. The only ingredient is peanuts, you just need to be prepared to stir it a little bit when you open it. Some people can't stand the taste of it, but I love it. If you're elsewhere in the world, just have a look on eBay, you'll find something.

I've tried natural peanut butter and I'm really not a fan. I absolutely love kraft's extra creamy stuff. it's a shame they put so much sugar in it.
  • flopenn
    flopenn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my downfall! One of my favorite snacks is a light and fit banana cream yogurt, 2 tbsp pb2 and a banana(cut up)....or no banana, if I'm out of sugars for the day. Pb2 has been a lifesaver, but I still find myself dipping into the Jif occasionally.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    1pdl11z97fig.jpg

That looks great! I'll check that out when my PB2 runs out. Are you able to use it all before the expiration date? I'm wondering if freezing it makes any difference.

You can definitely freeze it!
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options

I absolutely love kraft's extra creamy stuff. it's a shame they put so much sugar in it.

If they didn't put the sugar in, you probably wouldn't like it as much.
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options

You can definitely freeze it!

Yay!!! Thanks.