How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I walk 2-3miles / 1 HR daily and lift every other day.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Schedule is changing up. As of tomorrow, it's 5 days of lifting, primarily the big three with various accessories, between 1-3 hours a day. 1 day for correctives/core, and one full rest day ( which is normally spent chasing my girls around.
  • _layton_
    _layton_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5 days of lifting 3 hours a day
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week, including weekends doing outdoor stuff. Gym, 4 days at most, at 45-90 mins, depending on how I feel the workout is going.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes twice. Each workout 30 to 60 minutes. My recovery comes in the firm of either reducing intensity or the fact that I don't do the same thing twice in a row due to being a triathlete. So swim day means easy on legs from running or cycling.
  • ghonish
    ghonish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lift and run 3-5 times a week and on my days off i try to get in the water and surf. Only if its badweather and cant get outside will i just lay around the house, but even thats not such a bad thing. Your body will thank you for the rest usually. Go with what your body tells you to do.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    4-6 times a week for roughly 75 minutes/session.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Everyday, twice on the days I swim. When it's warm, I'll walk while playing golf once or twice a week as "active rest".
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    5-7 days. Yoga pretty much every day, and pole 4-5 days.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    At least 6 days/week, usually twice each day. I am currently training for my first marathon while trying to maintain my swim and bike fitness and avoid injuries. A typical week involves 3-4 runs, 2 rides, and 2 swims. I also work in some core, yoga, and/or strength each day. It sounds dorky, but I plan each week in advance on a little calendar. It helps me stay motivated knowing I can cross things off, and it helps me plan a logical workout strategy based on my family/time obligations.
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I workout Mon to Friday, 45-55mins.

Saturday- Usually clean yard/house or some cardio 25-30mins

Sunday- Rest day.
  • hvh2865
    hvh2865 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What I do is work out for 8 days straight and then the ninth day is you relax day. Full relaxation! And then contine. Feel free to add me. Always looking for motivation!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just started my own thread about resting...

I golf 3x a week
    I play volleyball 1x a week
    I play tennis 2x a week
    I lift with a trainer 3x a week
    Yoga 1x / week
    And a few times a week I jump on the treadmill for a walk.

The tennis / golf are both newish sports so I still feel it a lot on my arms and back. Tennis after a lifting day.... :'( But it's fun and I enjoy the cardio. I have no motivation to run on a treadmill, but will do it chasing a ball around.

• IamNickNew
    IamNickNew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) with the weekends off to fully recover and relax.

• Mon, Weds, Fri = Heavy lifting, Compound movements (Bodybuilding)
    • Tues, Thurs = HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), Barbell Complexes, LISS (Low Impact Steady State) cardio

I switch up the exercises within those days but this the primary routine I use.

If you have questions please let me know. Feel free to add me.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all of you that workout 5+ days per week. Thought I should post to represent the slacker. I workout 2-3 times per week, an hour max per workout. I do Allpro's full-body weightlifting program. Lost 50+ lbs and have been maintaining for over 2 years.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 4x per week. I start on Sunday with heavy upper body, then Monday heavy lower body...I take a rest day before I hit upper hypertrophy and lower hypertrophy. I do no cardio. I am generally lightly active.
  • speeno
    speeno Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was doing weights three times a week for a long time with no cardio, but since October I've got into running and dropped a weights session, my schedule looks like this at the moment.

Monday - weights
    Tuesday - run
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - run
    Friday - weights
    Saturday - shorter run
    Sunday -run

although this week I ran Friday morning and did weights in the evening, but I don't usually :)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i go 7 days a week (like literally 360/365 a year) and i've done it this way for a little over 5 years now.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    6 days some weeks, mostly 4-5 if my lower back is reactive then I resort to restorative yoga or light stretching.

I do a mix of cardio (conditioning, HIIT, kickboxing, MMA, intervals, sports training), toning workouts include barre, pilates, and lifting weights. Cycling once a week.

If I can get in a gym class, its once every other week. I stick to mostly home but I do go the gym every other week, still have the membership.

Schedule is not exactly set as I try to mix it up. :)
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri: CrossFit
    Sat: Maybe CrossFit depending how I'm feeling
    Sun: Rest, or sometimes active rest by going to the gym and running on treadmill or jumping rope and body weight exercise (push-ups, site-ups, etc.).