Tips to avoid Chaffing?

Options
So I am currently wanting to start to lose weight. I am 254.4 pounds and want to get to 200. When I've tried to walk long distances before, I always end up chaffing in-between my theighs in my groin region. I was wondering how you guys avoid this, as its extremely uncomfortable and annoying.

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing tights? That solves the problem for me. Have you tried body glide?
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lots of my running friends swear by body glide, but I've found that well fitting workout wear (both under and outer) does the trick for me. It's tough to find in plus sizes (I started at 268, so I know that pain), but it's well worth the effort.
  • JohnStJerneJ
    JohnStJerneJ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    as a runner i have experienced this many times and frankly it sucks. but its also very easy to avoid all you need is a lubricant. I use Bodyglide it works great, also if you forget to use some and do end up chaffing use some Vaseline. apply a good layer and your golden. also avoid cotton it absorbs water and doesn't dry fast which is one of the primary causes of chaffing. wear moisture wicking technical fabrics to reduce the likely hood of chaffing.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Better fitting clothes or something like Body Glide.
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This might be really weird, but I put deodorant down there and it's helped me.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Body Glide and spandex...and anti-monkey butt powder post workout shower
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

This is my trick, too!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

This is my trick, too!

Yup, particularly solid deodorant, like Speed Stick.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Have suffered from heat rash and chafing in various places all my life. You can use vaseline, body glide, I have even used zinc oxide ream (baby bum cream) with success. Just stick it out. As the weight falls off the chafing diminishes.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts/underwear with the mid thigh length.
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options

This is my trick, too!

Yup, particularly solid deodorant, like Speed Stick.

Exactly! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :)
  • kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I really liked spray Dove deodorant when I first started and was having issues.
  • stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond sells an anti-chaffing deodorant like stick. That's my go to.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Bag Balm has always helped me with this problem.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wear spandex boy shorts that cover my thighs no chaffing. I bought it on amazon a while ago was an awesome purchase.
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A good lotion works and even absorbency powder is good.