Pregnant, overweight, and time to maintain for the next 9 months

Options
I was trying to lose weight before getting pregnant and lost 10 lbs. This is where I hit a plateau for 6 months. After finding out that I was pregnant I decided not to go crazy and hurt the baby by taken in too few calories or doing strenuous workouts. I've been eating whole fruits, veggies, and home cooked meals. I go walking for about a mile. Doing these little things have not only help me maintain my weight now in my 3rd month of pregnancy, but I've even lost a couple of pounds! I know realistically I will gain some weight, but if I can control a good portion of it then I will.

Replies

• cizzawizza
    cizzawizza Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing brilliantly. I'm pregnant too, just entering my second month. I had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy so I know I have to watch what I eat as I'll probably get it again. I think you're doing great, it's important to be healthy during pregnancy. I'm overweight too and don't want to overindulge. I'm not aiming to lose weight but if it's a side effect of eating healthy I'm all for it. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy
  • saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had a baby in February and never lost the 30lbs I gained. I'm 17 weeks now and really need to keep the weight gain to a minimum. I'm hoping for no more than 12lbs
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Good job! If you were doing light exercise before you can continue, but that's between you and your doctor. Controlling the right foods is great! Yes you may still gain but it can be kept at a minimum and still be at healthy eating, not cutting calories. Congrats on your pregnancy.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Do weightloss under a Drs care while pregnant as you can lose while pregnant but this needs special nutritional advice/exercises. Congrats by the way.
  • castleai
    castleai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job and congrats! I'm in the exact same boat and have been trying to incorporate lower intensity workouts. Last night I tried Aqua- Zumba and it was a blast. Very easy on the body but you can feel it work you. I'm hoping that plus focusing on nutrient rich foods will help me maintain or only gain a healthy amount of weight. Congrats again and keep up the good work!
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 14 weeks and continuing to lose weight (went nuts and gained a fair bit during first tri). Have two kids already, was massive with them and ate junk food the entire time. So even losing weight this time I'm getting way more nutrition. I am 83.9kg now and hope to be about 72kg near the end.