Looking for inspiration from other mums to toddlers!

Options
I've started this journey as I now weigh the most I ever have and am finding it really hard to exercise. My toddler hardly sleeps and hates being in his pushchair , so I end up walking at a toddlers pace ... What do others do and how?

Replies

• Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have two kids. One about to be four and the other two. I have been doing Jillian Michaels programs as they are quite short and still give me a good sweat. I bought tiny weights for my kids and they watch me and/or join in. They love trying some of the moves. Some days I throw on the tv or YouTube for them instead. You have to find a quick 20 min for yourself and use it. Sometimes they sit in me as I try to work out added resistance I keep telling myself ... Sometimes they cry about things (like not getting a snack right away) but I try and do it after breakfast when their attitude is better than later in the day. I found I could make 1000 excuses to avoid it as they are never perfect but you need some time for you and it teaches them good stuff in the long run (my daughter likes to show off her burpees at family gatherings ... My son jumping jacks and push ups) As much as they might be a deterrent for exercise Your toddler might end up being your best cheerleader ☺️ best of luck
  • sueneve55
    sueneve55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cheriels82 wrote: »
    I have two kids. One about to be four and the other two. I have been doing Jillian Michaels programs as they are quite short and still give me a good sweat. I bought tiny weights for my kids and they watch me and/or join in. They love trying some of the moves. Some days I throw on the tv or YouTube for them instead. You have to find a quick 20 min for yourself and use it. Sometimes they sit in me as I try to work out added resistance I keep telling myself ... Sometimes they cry about things (like not getting a snack right away) but I try and do it after breakfast when their attitude is better than later in the day. I found I could make 1000 excuses to avoid it as they are never perfect but you need some time for you and it teaches them good stuff in the long run (my daughter likes to show off her burpees at family gatherings ... My son jumping jacks and push ups) As much as they might be a deterrent for exercise Your toddler might end up being your best cheerleader ☺️ best of luck

Hmmm ... I can but try I guess , I hate getting sweaty after I shower and being like that for the rest of the day though! I'm aware that'll sound like yet another excuse lol
  • allibeee
    allibeee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've also got a 2 and a 4 year old and I'm finding a bit more time now the 4 year old has started school. I'm fortunate the youngest is in childcare a couple of times a week. So I'm going to the gym twice a week during the day and twice late evening when my partner is home.

It's really hard to find the opportunities to exercise with little ones. I looked into a gym with a crèche but the one near me is very expensive. Might something like that be an option for you?

Good luck! I have about 30-40lbs to lose and increase fitness before a ski holiday.
  • sueneve55
    Options
    My main issue is that my son has a heart defect and a lot of crèches or nurseries won't take him as they don't have the correct staff and provisions for him ... My partner never guarantees what time he'll be home and won't have his son on his own invade anything happens ... Pathetic really
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm single mum to my very demanding 16 month old. She always wants my time which makes it hard to do anything for myself but I'm lucky because she doesn't mind being pushed in her pushchair, I do get to do lots of walking. I've bought a fitness hula hoop, only 10mins a day is supposed to give great results in 6wks :)
  • stephdasilva
    stephdasilva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look up fitness blender they are amazing and have over 400+ free workout videos some are even half an hour long and they make you sweat like crazy!!!
  • sueneve55
    Options
    Both great ideas that I'll have a look at ... Thanx ladies
  • safarigirlelka
    safarigirlelka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I read your post and immediately wanted to reply but then I remembered my daughter is now 6....not a toddler anymore!! I still feel like I am a mom to a toddler because it feels like it was just yesterday! So what I'm trying to say is that this time shall pass before you know it! No good advice....just that bit of encouragement ;-) xx
  • sueneve55
    Options
    I read your post and immediately wanted to reply but then I remembered my daughter is now 6....not a toddler anymore!! I still feel like I am a mom to a toddler because it feels like it was just yesterday! So what I'm trying to say is that this time shall pass before you know it! No good advice....just that bit of encouragement ;-) xx

Thanx for this ... Guess I'm just feeling low about it as I feel so heavy and slow for the first time ever when I should just be enjoying being a mum
  • LittleMissC0untry
    Options
    I have a busy 2 year old :) would love some motivation and suggestions too! It can feel like exercise chasing then around all day. Lol but I would love to add in some workouts! Feel free to add me as a friend :)