Stranger at the GYM

picturesing
picturesing Posts: 228
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
So......I've been going to the GYM for just over a month. It was a long haul getting there with my rup disc - the epidural that allowed me to start moving again and the surgery that has been a miracle for me. :bigsmile:
At the GYM today - I'm just starting to do my squats (ball behind me on the wall and holding weights) this is best for my arthritic knee.
This lady comes up to me - I'm thinking she pointing to the wall behind me and realize she's pointing to my ear phones - she's asking "can you hear me?"
Yes I reply and wonder what advice she is going to offer me and then she starts telling me how great I'm looking - she says "you look so much stronger and you're thinning out"....I'm speechless! She keeps talking and asking if I can feel the difference - yes I reply as my workout shirt is several years old but looks brand new coz it never fit well, but now....it does!
I humbly thank her - blinking away tears welling up in my eyes! :blushing:
What a wonderful feeling for a complete stranger to come up to me and let me know that she had noticed the change in my body in just over a month.....WOW! :love:
Such an awesome NSV!!!!!!!
For all you newbies....this works! Yes...it takes commitment and yes you have ups and downs, but IT WORKS!!!! Day by day, logging your foods, moving your body and asking for and giving support! :wink:
To all my MFPs - love ya bunches! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    What a great experience - thanks for sharing - and keep at it! It's obviously working :)
  • ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    Aaaaah Wanda that's wonderful, these kind of comments can give you a lot of encouragement to keep going. You rock girl!
  • artist444
    artist444 Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for sharing this awesome story! Congrats on your accomplishments keep up it up!!!
  • Thank you for sharing..I needed to hear that today!!!! :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    That's so cute of her to say that!!! And I bet that was awesome to hear!!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Aaaaah Wanda that's wonderful, these kind of comments can give you a lot of encouragement to keep going. You rock girl!
    It's friends like you that help motivate me - everyday!!!!!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    YAY!!!!!
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Oh, wow! That is so wonderful! Congratulations on all of your success so far! :flowerforyou:
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    So happy for you!! I'm getting a little teary here too. You are doing great. Thanks for motivating and inspiring me, Friend. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.