Should I weigh myself. I am scared to do so

Options
Hello
I have not weighed myself in a month or more. I weighed myself last time. I gained 6 lb or so. The diet has been good this month. I have been doing my cardio and weights and boxing.
I went running today and burned around 300 calories.
I went over my calories by 200 today. I was at work today and had not anything in 7 hours and was hungry so I ordered pizza.
I am scared to weigh myself. I am thinking just do it because I think I might have lost weight due the exercises I have been doing and my job is walking up stairs deliverys

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Stepping on a scale won't change what you weigh. All you will get is information. Sticking your head in the sand won't help you.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Yes you should weigh yourself.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    The pizza may cause a little water retention, but really you shouldn't be afraid to weight yourself.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I have been really active this month
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have been really active this month

Good for you, but weight fluctuates and the scale will reflect your diet more than your exercise.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Think of the scale as a long-term measurement. You're taking a measurement every week, but then you're going to average that information in your report over s months, 8 months, 12 months. You're going to see ups and downs and fluctuations due to water weight, muscle gain, week-long ice cream binges, but as long as that long-term scale goes steadily down, you're doing fine. You might also want to take your measurements instead of relying solely on your scale. The scale sees water weight, bm's- everything. The measuring tape just sees what's there.

As to "you've been good but you ate pizza"? One pizza binge is NOT going to smash out your diet and make you fat. You might have some water weight the next day, but as long as you go right back to working out and being good, a splurge here and there won't do any damage at all.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I burned more calories then I went over. My clothes have been getting loose also. I used to fit tightly into my trousers now they are baggy
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I weighed myself I lost 1.6 kg in about a month most is water of course but still weight less regardless.
  • wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Go for it- if you've been on track it will be nice to know what effect it has had (or not!) Additionally I would suggest taking measurements to be able to see in the future if there are changes.
  • mrtastybutt
    mrtastybutt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As someone who regularly weighs herself, but the scales are not going down, MEASURING is the key, I weigh exactly the same as i did last month, but lost 8 inches! Don't let a number change your view and potentially ruin your journey.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Congrats!

Thank you
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    As someone who regularly weighs herself, but the scales are not going down, MEASURING is the key, I weigh exactly the same as i did last month, but lost 8 inches! Don't let a number change your view and potentially ruin your journey.

agree the mirror is also good. My clothes are getting loose also
  • sunisabel21
    sunisabel21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whatever happens remember that the number on the scale does not define you!