Fitness jobs

Options
I was speaking to a buddy of mine tonight who has been working out and losing a bunch of weight along with myself. I was saying how I am not going to go back to my old self, no matter what it takes! One of the changes I believe I will have to make is to change to a more physically demanding job. Not just a labour job but something fitness related. Beyond personal trainer, I couldn't really think of much.

Since I would be going from a well paying sales job, I would like to find something that may not pay equally as well but may make the transition easier. I'm not sure how much a personal trainer makes but I assume it isn't what I am hoping for.

Any ideas on other jobs that can be physically intense and in the fitness industry? I wouldn't mind personal training as I would love to be there for other people on their journey to help out but maybe there is something else...

Replies

• banjobouner2
    Options
    If you really want to be active, you could try to be an instrutor for body bike teams an so forth :D
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    Body bike team?

Found out what it is. Not a bad option and something I will seriously consider.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    you could also consider owning the gym as well as being an instructor.

Good luck!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What about keeping the job that you have, and conducting running clinics in the evenings? I bet there would be a LOT of interest in hosting a "Couch to 5K" running clinic, where people in your area meet once or twice a week and you coach them through the Learn to Run process....It could be a side job, you'd still be making the money that you need at your full-time, AND be able to stay active in the evenings....?
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have become a spinning and Body Pump instructor. People are counting on me to be there, so I can't skip the gym. :-) It's a really fun, rewarding job. Certification is a little pricey, but it's not too difficult. That way you can keep your day job, and still get paid to workout!