Sweet tooth help!!

Options
I have a really bad sweet tooth. I feel that is my own main problem really because besides that eat healthy and exercise basically everyday. Does anyone have any advice to help cure my sweet tooth???

Replies

• btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump! that is my biggest weakness too!
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    If my sweet tooth is really bad I grab a 1/4 cup of honey nut cherrios and munch on those one by one. it is aprox 33 calories and you can make them last.
  • Zchi6
    Zchi6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow candy bars and ice cream snacks! Seriously.. They are delicious and a candy bar is only about 110 calories. I know we are supposed to try to eat healthier foods but sometimes you can't deny that sweet tooth. They aren't sold everywhere but I have found them at Target and Walgreens. Hope it helps!
  • Julia_A_Williams
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too. I use Jello temptations. I esp like the caramel. It's like sugar free and 60 cal.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I have issues with that, if you drink diet soda it increases the desire for it so I stopped. Also if you REALLY must have something sweet you could dehydrate pineapple. It's SOOOO good, also tic tacs work well =] I get the orange or green apple kind.
  • ajinks7
    ajinks7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and no answer but I will check back often to see if anyone has any ideas that can help us both.
    I try to suck on a jolly rancher or chew gum if it gets to rough and sometimes i give in and have a 3musketeer truffle bar (90 cal).:ohwell:
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have been eating giant marshmallows for dessert at night lol sounds kind of silly but they are so good! Also, pretty filling and definitely help me with the sweet tooth at night. I roast them over the stove sometimes too. They are 90 cals and 0 fat for one.
  • ajinks7
    ajinks7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are the bum, I allow myself this special treat every day for after dinner dessert.
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I try to have sugar free pudding made with skim milk. That seems to help a little when I just have to have something sweet NOW!
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to this journey and I have a sweet tooth as well. I am just working on cutting back now. (1/2 hershey bar vs. the full one - lol). I will look into some of the things listed here!
  • kitjoy
    kitjoy Posts: 1
    Options
    I had the same sweet tooth problem. Now, I rarely crave sweets. I take 2 cinnamon capsules a day. One at breakfast and one before dinner. Cinnamon is full of chromium. Chromium helps regulate your ability to metabolize sugars and reduce cravings. I severely cut my fruit and sweets when I started this. Now I'm back to eating 2/3 fruits a day. Once in a while I'll have a cookie or candy or my summer love is, an ice cream cone(I take an extra chromium when I do this). But I make these choices because I decide too not because I'm giving in to cravings. Also a small protein with meals and snacks helps stabilize your blood sugar which is out of wack if your craving the sweets all the time. I hope this works as well for you as it has for me. Kitjoy
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lyrical_21
    lyrical_21 Posts: 25
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about chocolate, but I eat dark chocolate. I'll eat like a 1/4 piece of a 2oz bar, and it's like 74% cocoa. It is really rich, but it works for me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think part of this is habit. I really like sweet stuff but find that when I am eating fresh, healthy stuff I don't crave sweet things as much. I also find that things I used to take for granted are really sweet - like milk, cider, fruit for example

Personally I'm trying to get out of the habit of eating sweet snacks. Replacing full fat ones with low cal ones just seems to be prolonging a bad habit to me. I'd rather get into the habit of having just a little bit of regular dessert or none at all .than low fat/artificially sweetened substitutes as they aren't teaching my body and brain to eat in a healthy way.
    So, I have 1 square of chocolate, or one cookie or a half portion of regular dessert and account for this in my calories.

Of course, everyone is going to have their own strategies, but this seems to be working for me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I have the same problem and no answer but I will check back often to see if anyone has any ideas that can help us both.
    I try to suck on a jolly rancher or chew gum if it gets to rough and sometimes i give in and have a 3musketeer truffle bar (90 cal).:ohwell:

Ummmm, can I ask what/who a jolly rancher is?? I assume it's some kind of candy that I've never heard of, but it does make for interesting reading!!!
  • bookwormie
    bookwormie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What about dates (the fruit)? They are a little high in calories for a fruit, but they're really sweet and (I think) taste pretty decadent. I think they have some fiber, too, since they're a fruit.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I try to have sugar free pudding made with skim milk. That seems to help a little when I just have to have something sweet NOW!

I agree...THe Jello brand is the best...add a little of semi chocolcate chips to it and wala...a 130 cal sweet snack!
  • lyrical_21
    lyrical_21 Posts: 25
    Options
    :laugh:

Ummmm, can I ask what/who a jolly rancher is?? I assume it's some kind of candy that I've never heard of, but it does make for interesting reading!!!

http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/jolly-rancher/hard-candy.aspx#/1949 it's a very delicious candy.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I always carry a pack of the sugar free desert gum! 5 calories per stick! Works like a charm.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Strawberries!