What can I eat that will fill me up?

Options
jesihovey
jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
I started cutting my calories down to 1700/day this week but I'm perpetually hungry still! Is there any food you would recommend that would fill me up without taking all my calories for the day? Today wasn't terrible, but I just feel like I've always got a rumbly tummy! Help!

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    lots of fruit! blackberries, grapes and watermelon - and add a dollop of whipped cream to make it feel naughty!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein.
  • jesihovey
    Options
    Oh yeah, that thing ;) I should get some chicken in this house sometime haha
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast. Fills me up big time, for very little calories.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lots of water :)
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    protein and lots of water :happy:
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Look for high fiber/low cal foods. I like Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas. 12 grams of fiber for only 71 calories! They are awesome.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    lean proteins, good fats, and tons of veggies!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, turkey breast, lean ground beef (96/4), tuna, salmon.
  • melpalmer7
    melpalmer7 Posts: 35
    Options
    definitely protein... chicken breast, tuna, shakes (I started using a whey protein isolate which is awesome) are the best but I also love salmon and steak but that's higher in fat too of course. But really try to eat protein at every meal.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Absolutely protein every 2-3 hours. Doesn't have to be meat - low fat cheese, cottage cheese, non-fat milk, nuts, tofu, protein bars, greek yogurt. The options are endless. Pre-measure your servings for the day (2-3 oz) so you aren't overdoing it. Also, a 1/2 cup of hot cereal will fill you up in the morning. On top of protein, unlimited fruits and veggies. An apple is filling. You could also do a nice protein shake with frozen fruit.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, protein & water. I stick with eating really high protein and not much carbs and drink usually about 15 cups of water a day and am rarely hungry on 1200 calories a day. Carbs usually make me more hungry.
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    yep, definitely protein. If you're not much of a meat eater, milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, nuts, beans, and whole grains are all excellent sources of protein!
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    you can make huge omelets with liquid egg whites(in a carton) and fat free cheese:)
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Protein! Lean meats and fat free dairy keep me full.
  • jesihovey
    Options
    You guys are all awesome! Thank you for the suggestions, I will start putting them to work :)
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    I try to fill my day with high fiber/high protein foods. Lots of water, veggies, fruits, dried fruits, nuts, soy...you can view my food diary if that helps. Just add me as a friend. I have 105lbs to go too! :happy:
  • lparsons88
    lparsons88 Posts: 26
    Options
    Protein like Chicken is super filling without a lot of calories. Also a lot of water!!! Protein + water = weight loss for me basically.
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    lots of fruit! blackberries, grapes and watermelon - and add a dollop of whipped cream to make it feel naughty!

LOL! I put some on my fruit. Now I'm going to feel naughty every time I do.