I need a mentor

Options
I am a 29 year old female. I am approximately 5"3 and think I am around 160 lbs. I have not weighed in awhile. I am looking for an empathic but no sugar-coating mentor that could help me make incremental changes. Please pm me if you think we would be a good fit. Thanks.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Here are a bunch of people who have volunteered to help beginners. Read through what some of them say and pick one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10298435/2016-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread#latest
  • motivated2419
    motivated2419 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm on here all the time giving out motivational quotes and helping people to the best I can
  • mckinley303
    mckinley303 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    So, you are probably > 160lbs if you are guessing, we usually are. As far as giving you information about losing, everyone is different and has different goals. You will need to take ownership for yourself. Set up some short term goals and one long term goal. Baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day. It won't be an easy journey. Be patient. My eating tips: drink lots of H2O, weigh all your food ( purchase a digital food scale), log food daily and I mean everything you put in your mouth.Exercise, exercise and exercise. If you commit to 4-5 x's weekly x 30 min that will be a great start. You can certainly take 2 hours weekly to feed your body with exercise=energy. Enjoy, good luck. Let me know your progress.