Meal prep or workout?

Options
If you had to choose between getting a workout in at the gym or using that time to stay home and meal prep for the week, what would you choose and why?

Replies

• resan224
    resan224 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Meal prep because it sets you up for 7 days of success. You can make up that workout by adding 15 minutes to each workout throughout the week.
  • Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I guess people who don't bother with meal prep or people who don't bother with the gym have an easy choice.

But assuming the proper conditions to suit the ultimatum: meal prep. Anyone who uses the gym could get an amazing workout at home if they actually made an effort. It's far harder to substitute a close eye on meals.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I don't work out in a gym, but I would still choose the exercise.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Meal prep for me. Getting prepared on Sunday gives me a winning mindset to start the week.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the gym since if I don't meal prep for the week I have easy options for meals ready to go anyway, using frozen veggies and such. My pantry overfloweth.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Meal prep because it sets me up for the work. I can make up for the missed work out later.
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Meal prep, when it comes to weight loss food is more important than exercise.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Depend on my goals. Right now I want to lose some weight so I'd go with meal prep.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Gym. My meal prep is every morning when I'm first getting up.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bcjaw wrote: »
    If you had to choose between getting a workout in at the gym or using that time to stay home and meal prep for the week, what would you choose and why?

Absolutely meal prep and squats while you do it. lol ;)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Meal prep it is.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I don't work out at a gym I work out at home but I would choose exercise over meal prep. The reason is that I do not live alone and meal prep doesn't work for my family and isn't something I could sustain doing in the long term so I don't bother with it now. I know it works for a lot of people, but it doesn't work for me.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    resan224 wrote: »
    Meal prep because it sets you up for 7 days of success. You can make up that workout by adding 15 minutes to each workout throughout the week.

This exactly
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Easy for me but then I work at home. No meal prep needed. I would go for a run.