Whey protein which to buy??

Options
I'm wanting to add whey protein to my morning shakes to meet my protein goal for the day. Any suggestions on which ones taste good and aren't too pricey or chalky tasting. I like to make my smoothie like a milk shake so I feel like I'm treating myself!
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Replies

• ricolifee
    ricolifee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using "Isopure zero carb" in banana flavor, it's exactly like a banana milkshake!!!! - 25g protein per scoop and it's got no carbs or fat in it. Helps me to meet my macros. It can be a little on the pricey side depending where ur buying it from.

If your looking for a cheaper alternative www.myprotein.com have a 25% off sale until midnight tonight. Their pure whey isolate is pretty similar.

Hope that helps.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love the Syntha 6 in peanut butter cookie flavor. I also 2nd isopure, they have amazing low and no carb options and nearly 50 grams of protein in them :)

A good priced one is the Designer Whey or Body Tech (From Vitamin Shoppe)
  • MaryMoCla
    MaryMoCla Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and buy a product from www.proteinco.ca They have a great vanilla flavoured whey protein made from grasped does in New Zealand. Bonus if you are in the US, the Canadian dollar is tanking so it's really good value for you!:)
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love ON gold standard and Delight women's whey protien.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I use Jarrow's Unsweetened Whey Protein. That way, I can add what I want.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Try stopping by your local walmart or target to see what they offer. If you don't like it they have a 100% guaranteed. Even if opened and used !!! Buying online could cause you a small fortune.
  • yrieves
    yrieves Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate everyone giving me suggestions because I don't want to purchase and hate it! That's a waste of $$ I think I'm going to give the isopure a try! Love that fact it's zero/ low carbs but a lot of protein! You all are awesome!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The Quest whey protein is good. Also you can buy it in one scoop packets at your supplement store so you can see if you like it before you buy a tub. I typically use casein and don't want to buy a whole tub of whey so I buy these very often when I'm in the mood for a flavor other than what I have.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Body fortress at Walmart :smile:
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »

I'd avoid Walmart, CVS, and a few other store brands as they tend to be the ones linked to protein spiking and having contaminants like lead and arsenic.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ricolifee wrote: »
    I'm currently using "Isopure zero carb" in banana flavor, it's exactly like a banana milkshake!!!! - 25g protein per scoop and it's got no carbs or fat in it.

I've used the same brand in vanilla, which is reasonably good. I should try the banana. I usually dilute it and add ice in the blender to make it thick and go further.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    sarsather wrote: »

I'd avoid Walmart, CVS, and a few other store brands as they tend to be the ones linked to protein spiking and having contaminants like lead and arsenic.
    This. Many supplements aren't manufactured by the seller and 3rd party manufacturers get a lot of raw material from places like China who DON'T regulate purity. Which is why supplements may many times have contaminants in them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• kath755
    kath755 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned "Premier Protein" shakes? They have 3 flavors....vanilla, chocolate, and "strawberries and cream." Each 10 oz shake has 30 gms of protein, 160 calories, and 1 gm sugar. Peanut butter, bananas, frozen strawberries, pure extracts, etc. can be blended in with ice to suit your tastes. I get mine at Costco, but they're also available at Walmart.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition both for flavor and it rates well for available protein.
  • Annie81503
    Annie81503 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've sampled a lot of different brands, they mostly all make me gag because of the chalky taste. I finally found MusclePharm chocolate milk and I like it. I mix it with PB2, half a frozen banana and 1 cup almond milk, it's delicious!
    Try sample sizes first, that is my opinion, especially if you have a hard time with the chalky taste.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Good point about products from China. Read the label thoroughly before buying.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition. I buy it from Bodybuilding.com and it reaches me within 3-4 days in Ontario, Canada. Thus far, I've found it to be the best in terms of cost, taste, and label accuracy that is easily accessible to me.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein