Hypothyroidism and menapause

So I'm in this bad place struggling with Hashimotos and menapause. Weight is so out of control and I'm worried I won't ever get it under control as Ive gained and lost and gained 17 lbs in the last year and a half. Does anyone else have a similar struggle?

Replies

• buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    I overcame ALL my obstacles... hypothyroidism, menopause, borderline diabetes, etc... not to mention ALL the naysayers and doubters saying "SHE will *never* change!!" And just did it anyway!!

e2yklhxhhmzn.jpeg
  • JRoo724
    JRoo724 Posts: 5 Member
    Wow! Thanks for sharing - Very uplifting!
    Funny your new thin photo looks like you are at a restaurant. I always blow it when I eat out.
    You look wonderful!
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    My sister fights the same battle you are. She says she just has to stick to her diet and exercise plan. Sometimes she gets frustrated but says she has to stick to it or the slightest change can make her add a few pounds. She does say she has to work harder since the thyroid became an issue. Good luck don't get discouraged.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Every week try develop a new healthy habit. Log food no mater what. Get a food scale. It makes this place rock.
  • thomasdebraann
    thomasdebraann Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for all of your comments. I did slack logging food for awhile but have had serious thyroid setbacks also. In the midst of beginning care with a new endocrinologist and a new primary care nurse practioner....trying to be patient with myself.