FOODS THAT MAKE YOU STAY FULLER LONGER

Options
just wondering what foods can make you feel fuller longer.... & has anyone ever heard this diet tip eat breakfast like a king lunch like a prince and dinner like a begger??? Good rule to follow by? Sorry one more thing what satisfying snacks do you snack on?

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    proteins and fats keep you full the longest. Eating tons of green veggies also helps.

I've heard the saying, but never tried it.

Good luck to you!
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i've never heard that saying, but they do say that you should eat a bigger breakfast than a dinner, so that your body has time to burn most of it off by the time dinner comes. Personally, i eat small in the morning, like maybe a bowl of cereal or some egg whites and a fruit. then lunch i would have maybe a lettuce wrapped sandwich or salad, then dinner i would kind of blow it big lol. i would have my lettuce wrapped turkey burger and maybe treat myself to a small serving of low fat icecream or frozen yogurt. But point is that i think its easier to eat little in the morning so that way if you want that extra treat at night, you wont beat yourself up over it because you went big in the morning... if that makes sense ^_^
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    AS far as calorie to meal ratio, thats individual, I couldnt eat Breakfast like a king if I tried (I would puke it all back up honestly) So I tend to eat most of my cals at lunch.

Oatmeal, Apples, Yogurt with Granola, Carrots, Grapes are my fav filling and low cal snack options that keep me full for awhile. Im sure there are more (and yes a small serving of oatmeal is a gret snack! or the oatmeal bars as long as you go with the more natural versions) Im allergic to some nuts so most arent an option for me but those are great filling long-lasting snacks as well.

Proteins make you feel full longer (hence why high protein lower carb is popular for weight loss) also complex carbs (basically unrefined, not the white stuff) because they take longer to digest
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    sorry, also apples help keep you full. i snack on gum (sometimes a whole gum pack) just so somethings in my mouth. also oranges help me.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    upping my fibre really made a difference for me & i'm a big carnivore - i need some protein to keep me full :o)
    i have read that a little bit of fat helps too, but obviously don't overdo it!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've heard that before. The idea is that it will give your body time to burn that food off throughout the day while you are moving and it doesn't actually work that way.

The plain simple fact of the matter when it comes to weight loss is calories in / calories out. Time doesn't really matter.
    I personally can't fall asleep if I go to bed hungry so I might have a snack 30 min - an hour before bed.

What does help keep you from feeling hungry is eating small portions and eating often. This way you can stay full all day without stuffing yourself and you learn portion control.

For fullness you want to look at foods that are high in protein, lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish), beans, lentils, chickpeas, soy nuts, egg whites etc.

Fruits that are very water heavy help me feel full as well but not quite as much as protiens.

Accompanying anything you eat will also help you feel full while keeping your calorie goal.
  • Imbiutiful
    Imbiutiful Posts: 39
    Options
    almonds, greek yogurt, apples and water work for me.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I can't eat a large breakfast, so I eat a large lunch, instead, and a slightly smaller dinner.

Pretty much nothing keeps me full for long enough on work days, but the stuff I eat now, like oatmeal, fruits, veggies, and nuts, definitely keep me fuller longer than the crap I used to eat.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My favorite fill me up snack is greek yogurt and 1/2c of Kashi cereal (I like the honey almond) that really sticks with me for awhile. Anything protein usually helps as well...