Starting over

Options
Hi everybody,

My name is Natalie, and I have been a member of this site for a while. However, I was recently diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnoea and have a few other health problems linked to my weight, and I've realised that this isn't the dress rehearsal. I only get one life, and I don't want to sound dramatic, but I'm ruining it with binging, not exercising and generally not looking after myself.

I managed to lose 1 and a half stone since the middle of November doing Slimming World, but I find it restrictive and rigid, and I've started falling back into bad habits. I want to find a way of eating that can fit around my life, that allows me to eat out, to have any branded food, just in a portion controlled way. Slimming World works, there's no doubt about that, but I find myself longing for a bit more freedom and creativity around my food.

So, I find myself back here. I want to become a better member, a more involved part of the community here. I hope I can make some new friends, so we can cheer each other on. I need to lose about 110lbs. I want to feel confident and healthy again. I'm only 28, and I already feel older than my time. I want to be young and vibrant again.

Looking forward to the journey :) If anyone is looking for a new friend, please add me!

Replies

• beretta82
    beretta82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is a great place for tips and motivation. Welcome back!