300 Kettlebell swings a day

Options
has anyone completed 300 kettlebell swings a day for 30 days? how much of a difference did you see by doing these swings

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    There are way better "workouts" than this.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Swings are a terrific workout. Strength, cardio, back, legs, arms, core... I've done 300 day but I always get sidetracked. It doesn't take all that long, in sets of 50, but it's so repetitive.
  • MFrey718
    MFrey718 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got to day 15, then my schedule just got crazy. I love KBs tho and found the swing and get-up most effective
  • MFrey718
    MFrey718 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There are way better "workouts" than this.

what I try to do with swings is add them as a "topping" to my daily work outs. with time, some times it is my only workout. but I try to spread them out throughout the day, so before work (I have a very active job), before the gym, after, before sleep. a great throughout the day workout
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do them right to protect your back. Last thing you want is a bad back at age 50.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Consider using a heavier KB or harder variations rather than so many reps. Not sure what the point is?
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    1000 pushups, 1000 situps, and 1000 squats everyday. You will lose your hair but that is the price for ultimate strength.
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You will have amazing abs. My favorite exercise. I try to grab a kettlebell every time I go to the gym. I am 54 BTW. Make sure you do them right though, you have to pop your hips!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Consider using a heavier KB or harder variations rather than so many reps. Not sure what the point is?

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/10000-swing-kettlebell-workout
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

Ok thx
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Really intrigued! ...but seems like it would leave my bum too burnt out for squats, deadlifts, lunges, and hip thrusts. And I would miss those. :(

I'll regularly do a set of 30 at the end of a workout. Sometimes 2.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Idk if this is true, but when I still had a trainer, he told me it's better to do lower reps with heavier weights, that way you build strength instead of endurance.

Unless, endurance is your goal I suppose..
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Dan John always comes up with high rep stuff. I might try the 10k reps after this cycle of Juggernaut. Might be nice to have a break for a few weeks. Thanks for that link!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    HutchA12 wrote: »
    1000 pushups, 1000 situps, and 1000 squats everyday. You will lose your hair but that is the price for ultimate strength.
    Actually "ultimate" endurance. Strength training is much different.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Actually "ultimate" endurance. Strength training is much different.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

It's a quote from a show.
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have swung kettlebells as my main excercise. 20-25lb ones 500-700/workout three times a week. For my efforts I had a resting heart rate under 55 and would pass the health assessment at work categorized as athlete. All while weighing over 225 at 5'3".

They can do amazing things! Workouts were short, too, 20 minutes.

Tracey Reifkind is the guru for this sport, imo.
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh, and anyone who tells you to swing everyday is giving you bad advice. High volume swings should not be done on consecutive days. Pair it with something else if you want to work out more. Walking would be ideal, imo. You need to balance the load on your body and allow proper recovery.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Where's the progression?

I'd want a heck of a lot more variety (not that I could do this because of tendonitis)

And it's an endurance thing .. will make you really good at swinging kettlebells :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Disagree. You need to research on what is strength training. In fact, look up starting strength or strong lifts or new rules for lifting. Anything but these silly 1000 rep "strength" workouts....and I use the term workout loosely.

• EthanSanders23
    EthanSanders23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ahaha! i see what you did there. good job you