Do you guys change up your routine any?

Options
Hey everyone! Well I'm here once again because although I've lost weight and I'm eating healthy it seems like I haven't lost any more weight. Granted I'm not gaining any either. I'm kind of frustrated because I'm not losing. I'm still working out and eating healthy but it seems like I'm not losing any. I haven't changed my workout routine or the time I work out. I'm still doing my workouts same time and the same workouts I've always done. So my question(s) are, do I change up my workouts by doing different workouts? Do I change when I do them? I'm afraid I've hit a plateau. I'm so close to my goal. I'm about 12 pounds from my goal weight and I'm starting to feel frustrated because I feel like I'm working out really hard and doing good food wise but then I look at the scale and its still the exact same weight as it was and I'm just trying to figure out if I need to change up my routine any.

Replies

• Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are not losing inches? That same thing happened to me and i saw my clothes getting lose so i tried not to get upset. I know i need to remind myself to drink water latley also, so not sure if you need that reminder also. Good luck
  • tay81tay
    tay81tay Posts: 4
    Options
    id change the type of workouts your doing. what are you currently doing?
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Yes, I try to change up my exercise routines on a regular basis (every 3-4 months). Our bodies become very efficient at burning calories when it gets adjusted to the same workouts. By challenging yourself with something new, your body will start burning more aggressively again. Same goes with your diet. Try eating new things. But remember, weight loss and a healthy lifestyle is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Make sure you are not over-doing your exercise as well. That was my problem until I found the balance my body needed.
  • amyrmca
    amyrmca Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Yes I'm drinking tons of water. Lol. And yes I look at inches too and I'm not really losing any more inches either. I've stayed the same on those too. I will try changing up my routine a bit and seeing if that helps.
    Most of my workouts are walking, squats, cruches, lunges, jumping jacks. I do the workout videos Turbo Jam as well.