Protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I use whatever I find cheap. There are tons of options that are as good as each other so I just find the sales. Currently using ON GS cake donut.
  • buckmaster299
    buckmaster299 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What about EAS Myoplex? Anyone use it? Doesn't seem to be much more expensive than any others I am seeing?
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is as much personal preference as it is anything else. I have used many over the years, but the 2 I always go back to are Combat Powder and Syntha 6. Both for different reasons. They are also consistently on the top of the review boards for weight lifters.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Second the Musclepharm Combat powder. Generally ~120-130 kcal and 25-ish grams of protein. And tastes good. I've also liked the Muscletech Phase8. Currently using some BPI best protein, it's not bad. Not my favorite, but I'm not ready to barf when I'm done with it.

Syntha 6 is good, too. Especially the strawberry milkshake, but it's a little higher in calories (200-220 as opposed to 120-130 for the others).
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Dymatize Iso 100. Super great flavor, especially the Birthday Cake and Fudge Brownie, in my opinion. Around 110 calories and 25g protein per scoop, depending on which flavor you get.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    On gold standard protein is what we use along with quest protein chips and some quest protein bars. Lots of lean meats.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Trutein from bodybuilding.com. I have Chocolate PB cup (so good), Pumpkin Pie (really yummy, and great for protein pancakes), Cinnabun (another good one for protein pancakes), and Mocha Caramel (which isn't that great to me). I want to try the Marshmallow PB Cookie next!

v695d4frs88y.jpg

I also eat a lot of Greek yogurt and eggs. I'm not a big fish fan, either. An occasional tuna fish sandwich is the extent of it for me.

I love Trutein, but the Marshmallow PB Cookie is the first one I threw out. Very strange aftertaste.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree with the musclepharm combat, taste delicious and have about 25g per scoop (120-130 calories)
  • buckmaster299
    buckmaster299 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all suggestions. Decided to try this mix of ON Gold standard whey and casein proteins. Whey in am after workout and casein at bedtime. See how this works.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ISO 100 Or Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard- But Why Not Just Eat More Chicken? Either Way, Getting That Protein Right Is Important!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard has 24 grams (not boosted numbers), tastes great, comes in several flavors and is reasonably priced.