I feel guilty

Options
Went over my calorie goal. And yes I feel guilty. I know I shouldn't but I do. I've been doing so well. And then there was pasta!!!!

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So you went over goal...big deal!

Did you go over maintenance by 3500 calories? If not, this just means you'll reach your goal weight a little later. Even if you did go over by that much, it's still not the end of the world. It's a delay, is all.

Work pasta in to your calories on a regular basis if you like it. I love it, and eat a pasta dish at least once a week. It's worth it :)

~Lyssa
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I promise it's fine. Start over tomorrow. Don't feel bad.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you want to, you can "pass" those extra calories to the next day. I do and it helps put it behind.
    Here is my entry: It's in the database.
    Yesterday's Overage - Yesterday's Calorie Intake Overage, 175 Calorie 175
    For my nice sunday meal or saturday drinking I will often bank calories
    Here is my entry for future saturdays
    Carry Over - Unused Calories From Past Week, 0 calories
    I add them daily and I can have my pretzels and whiskey with a movie.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If you want to, you can "pass" those extra calories to the next day. I do and it helps put it behind.
    Here is my entry:
    Yesterday's Overage - Yesterday's Calorie Intake Overage, 175 Calorie 175

Yes and I'll be at the gym doing major cardio. Thanks.
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories but it is what it is....healthy calories, but too many....my workout was intense and I am not going to sweat it....(well I might sweat more tomorrow!) Take responsibility, and move forward.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Went over my calorie goal. And yes I feel guilty. I know I shouldn't but I do. I've been doing so well. And then there was pasta!!!!

By how much did you go over?
    What calorie deficit do you have yourself set at?

If you are set to lose 1 lb/week you have a 500 cal/day deficit and a 3,500 cal/week deficit. So unless you went over by 3500, you will still be in a deficit for the week.

It's really not good to be so rigid about this. There are going to be days when you go over - holidays, special events, unplanned nights out. Thinking you have to kill yourself with cardio the day after is not good either. You shouldn't punish yourself for being over. Log it, move on...
  • Blondie0281
    Blondie0281 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Glad I came across this thread to make myself feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone lol My husband decided to bring home wings, chips and dip and I killed it. Also had to have my DrPepper on top of it. Now I feel terrible and tired :/
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Try to just think positive thoughts and start over. It can be difficult and some people can say some less than helpful advice on here as has been my experience. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Make the next right choice. Log it and go on. There's nothing you can change about the oast. You can only nake a different decision the next time. Let it go.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Did you log it? You are in good shape. Tomorrow is a new day. :)
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I logged everything. And yes tomorrow is another day.