WEEKEND BINGER.

Options
I eat so well during the week, usually under my calories goal, exercise good. WEEKEND. Don't exercise (gym is open from 9am - 1pm don't have much time) and I eat EVERYTHING, chocolate, sweets, unhealthy meals ANYTHING and everything I want. I go over by like 1500 calories on Saturday and on Sunday each! It's driving me mad and every Sunday evening I think, next week I'll be better, I won't eat loads and I DO. Anyone in a similar situation or have any advice?

Replies

• ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You must be my twin! I am a SAHM, so Monday thru Friday its just me and my 1.5 year old at home until 5. She eats anything I give her so it makes it easy to eat healthy. I cook dinner during the week so I can control it all. Come Friday night, the kids spend the night at the grandparents, we have date night and the downward weekend spiral begins. Saturdays and Sundays, we are busy which means fast food and eating out. I go to the gym M-Th twice a day and once on Fridays due to the times the gym has daycare open...none on the weekends. I recently started using a FitBit and this next week I'm really going to focus on doing better during the weekends.
  • Mandonia2017
    Mandonia2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is me also. I usually eat 1200 or less all week and workout most mornings. I am really super busy at work, but weekends come and if I'm not doing something absolutely every minute of the day I am eating. I try eating all whole healthy foods but I am eating way too much and I know it must be from boredom and in my head, but I don't know how to stop!!! I've lost almost 66lbs but still have 60 to go. I don't know what to do.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What about tracking calories weekly? That way u can undereat during the week and eat without the guilt on weekends?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Plan for it during the week so you have some extra calories to consume on the weekend.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If your deficit is not too aggressive, you can shave off 100 calories daily and use them for Saturday/the weekend.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I ate like a pig this weekend and drank numerous beers. Oh well, Monday is a new day. I did exercise both days.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You need Dr. Phil !!! :)
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone :/
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In the past I was, but this time around I raised my daily calorie goal from 1200 to 1600. I am still losing weight and I am able to fit treats in daily (if I want) or eat slightly less daily and have bigger treats on the weekend. Since I do not feel deprived during the week, I don't feel spiral when I have something "bad" because I don't feel like I just have that day to go all out.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    elaineamj wrote: »
    What about tracking calories weekly? That way u can undereat during the week and eat without the guilt on weekends?

I bank calories for Friday night when I like to have several glasses of wine or when I know I'm going to a party where I won't have much willpower. Last weekend I had twice baked potatoes and chicken and waffle sliders with bacon, blue cheese, but I still lost weight because I saved enough calories for the event. Always log your calories, even when you feel bad about it. It's a good way to learn how to strike a balance.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that but i just stopped having the expectation that my weekends would be a food- fest. It just stopped being about the food. I planned other nice things instead- bubble baths, an hour with a good book etc.

I stopped seeing food asca reward for a week. Its a mental shift.
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm usually over on the weekends aswell but mine is usually alcohol intake....I'm not an alcoholic though
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance and I do this by having just 650 calories 3 days a week ie mon wed fri.
    Sun,Tue and thur I have 1600. On saturday evenings I eat and drink anything I like, dont log, and I really enjoy it. This is the only way I can maintain. If I stuck to 1400 every day I would hate it. It took a few months to figure out what works.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This was m problem too. I changed my weigh in day to a Monday, so now I spend the weekend eating properly and exercising a bit more to hope for a loss on Monday morning!

Simple but it works for me.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That's how I eat on purpose. I go under during the week so that I can have a "cheat" day on Saturday. I keep it to just one day and I keep it to after 5 pm, sometimes I will fast until 5 pm, sometimes I'll have a light breakfast and lunch. It works for me. I lost all my weight eating like that.