Smoothies

I just got one of those "personal-sized" blenders, kinda like the nutri bullet. I'm looking for healthy smoothie recipes that you guys use? I'm looking for any meal and snacks! I want to start using my blender!

Replies

• JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    Let's go. I'm interested to lol
  • Annabella402
    Annabella402 Posts: 12 Member
    My favourite smoothie is banana and strawberry. I just throw in one banana, half a cup of natural yoghurt, half a cup of milk (or almond milk), half a cup of strawberries and a couple of table spoons of protein powder. I blitz everything and it really keeps me full. I sometimes add powered almonds instead of the protein powder. It's really yummy.
  • VyteWhite
    VyteWhite Posts: 1 Member
    Probably too much for your blender but you can scale it down : 1banana(~100g no peel) 230g milk (i use soy milk) ,20g fresh spinach , 75g frozen strawberries/cherries/raspberries(i like to switch it up) , 1/2 tsp of cinnamon . My favorite smoothie ,super refreshing .
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    My favorite is 1/2 cup each of the following: Stonyfield yogurt (plain),wyman's wild organic frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, and Trop50 blueberry/pomegranate juice. If you need sweetener, add a little honey. I drink it unsweetened and love it.
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    4 oz. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    4 oz. nonfat/1% milk
    1 small banana
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 oz. blueberries (frozen or fresh)
    2 oz. strawberries (frozen or fresh)

My version of this works out to: 406 calories, 3g fat, 60g carbs, 39g protein. YMMV depending on your particular version of ingredients.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    https://juicerecipes.com/

you can search by ingredients/sort by health ailment you want to cure etc. I'm about to look through this myself.
  • Greenbirdsmom
    Greenbirdsmom Posts: 19 Member
    I do mine in the same type of blender when I do the ones like above I add 1 cup of spinach it makes it ugly but does not add any flavor changes and you are getting veggies to. I also do carrot apple juice a but if work but it's wonderful
  • janehastings
    janehastings Posts: 4 Member
    I have a handful of frozen berries, a banana, some defrosted blocks of frozen spinach, a small handful of oats and about half a cup of almond milk. Keeps me going
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    My recent favorite is:
    1 chopped apple, frozen
    Handful of spinach
    1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    2-3 dashes of cinnamon
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    1/2 cup water.

I call it Apple Pie. And I totally agree with a previous post. Adding the spinach makes it ugly, but doesn't add any flavor. But it's healthier!
  • Thanks everyone! Can't wait to try all these!
  • Looking2Lose25
    Looking2Lose25 Posts: 3 Member
    Today I made one that I love!
    1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 c plain soy milk
    1/2 c mixed frozen fruit (mangos,strawberries, and blueberries)
    1/4 c oatmeal
    2 tsp honey
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    2 tbsp ground flax seed

428 cal, 9.8g fat, 54g carbs, 38g protein, 9g fiber.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    To add protein, lower carbs, sub fat free cottage cheese for yogurt.
  • kaylasgriffin88
    kaylasgriffin88 Posts: 34 Member
    I do 1-2 cups of kale or a mix of kale and spinach. 1/2 cup of almond milk. 1 banana and 1 cup of mixed berries(strawberries, blueberries, black and raspberries). And 1 tablespoon of flaxseed.
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    My favorite is the juice of one grapefruit and about a cup of frozen strawberries, some ice, water, and whatever else you want to throw in. (I sometimes add kale/spinach or flax seed powder.) I love the sweet-sour flavor of this super healthy smoothie!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    400ml Almond milk
    100g blackberries
    30g choc/peanut butter protein powder
    50g Avocado
    15g Coconut oil
    15g chia seeds
    50g baby spinach