Dancing?

Options
So I'm trying to get into a dance glass for exercise. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I enjoy zumba and I do ballet for work. Find something you'll enjoy doing and you'll do it constantly.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i did zumba till the rates doubled at the place i liked (she used top 40 music mostly).

i liked it, but not that much ;)

i do miss it cause it was fun, even if im as graceful as a drunk elephant ;)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Swing dance - Lindy hop etc. Great music, great exercise, very sociable.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Our local Community Center has started doing HipHop Dance fitness, and it looks like so much fun! It's still too high impact for my healing back, but the class is full of all ages of people in there just hopping, shaking and and having a blast.
  • ashleycrossley18
    ashleycrossley18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Zomba is great :)
  • clin71funyika
    clin71funyika Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Swing dance - Lindy hop etc. Great music, great exercise, very sociable.
    My daughter does swing dancing but what's Lindy hop?
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do zumba and love it! Some gyms do pole dancing...I've always been interested in taking it but don't have the guts yet lol
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Lindy Hop is one of the key swing dances. Others are Balboa, Collegiate shag, Charleston etc. It developed in the 1920's and 1930's. Chances are if your daughter dances swing, she dances some Lindy too.
  • elishahargreaves5
    elishahargreaves5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did ballroom and Latin American Dancin. . The ballroom Dancing was really good for core strength if that helps ☺
  • Mom4hats
    Mom4hats Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and love it. I don't feel like I'm exercising. Its just a fun workout for me.
  • clin71funyika
    Options
    I do zumba and love it! Some gyms do pole dancing...I've always been interested in taking it but don't have the guts yet lol
    That's funny you say that I went to a exotic dance class a couple days ago It was fun
  • 1ladybug88
    1ladybug88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Belly dance! There are different styles, too, so you can pick your favorite style in many areas. (Tribal fusion is my top favorite.)
  • clin71funyika
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Lindy Hop is one of the key swing dances. Others are Balboa, Collegiate shag, Charleston etc. It developed in the 1920's and 1930's. Chances are if your daughter dances swing, she dances some Lindy too.
    I'm going to look into them

• clin71funyika
    Options
    I did ballroom and Latin American Dancin. . The ballroom Dancing was really good for core strength if that helps ☺[quot
    Ballroom dancing I haven't thought of that one
  • clin71funyika
    Options
    Thanks everyone I have alot to think about :-)