Half Way THERE!!!! only 16.5 lbs to go

Options
When I started this weight loss journey I was at the heaviest I have been in my life (without) being pregnant and the sad part is that I was in denial that I still looked pregnant. Until I took a picture before starting P90x WOW!! was it an eye opener how unhappy I looked in my own body. No wonder when I went back to work after having my son someone asked me when I was do OUCH!!! that was so hard for me becuase I had just had my son 3 months prior and someone was asking me when I was due.
I have been going at this since October of 2010 and I must say it has not been easy, I have had my ups and downs, the days when I want to quit and just say forget it and a 5 1/2 month plateau that drove me crazy.
But I keep reading everyones success story and kept saying I can do this, I can keep going. My body might not drop the weight as fast as it happens for other people, this is not a race but a lifestyle change (the hardest part of this process).
I have taken time off from working out, time off from logging food and I must say that making those decisions has helped me stay sane and keep going. As of this morning I have realized that I am half way through my weight loss journey when I started I was at 164lbs this morning I am at 146.5 and my goal is to get to 130lbs.
I have lost 17.5 lbs and have 16.5 to go, not sure if the second half is going to come off easy or it is going to take me another 8 months to loose it, but I am going to keep going becuase seeing the changes and eating better has helped me in a lot of ways.
Once I have met my goal I will decide if I want to keep going down to 125 or stay at 130 and just work on tonining we will see but that is a decision I will make once I am there.

Here is the first picture I took when I started this journey and right next to it is the one I took today at 146.5.

halfwaythere.jpg

Replies

• WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the hard work:flowerforyou:
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Great job. You look good!!!
  • SUCCESSISMINEIN09
    Options
    Congrats!!
    I am so glad you posted this! You and I are about the same and I am so ready to just say WHATEVER!! Then I saw your post!
    Thanks for inspiring me!!
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    Woot Woot! Glad you are finding understanding in the process and gaining more strength and motivation! Cause I know it's hard to get that mental state. Well..GOOD JOB FRIEND! Keep it up! You will get there for sure! :)
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh you look great!!

You had a 5.5 month plateau??? I am on month THREE of a plateau...I just want to cry. What did you do?!?!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job... and so close to your goal now too! Congrats!!!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    I am so glad you posted this! You and I are about the same and I am so ready to just say WHATEVER!! Then I saw your post!
    Thanks for inspiring me!!

So glad I could help inspire you to keep going, I am not one to say that this has been easy and that the weight has come off fast I have had my struggles and just like you I have wanted to quit many times and have been discouraged. But I keep telling my self this is a life style change not a race to see who gets to the finish line first and that helps me keep going :)
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Woot Woot! Glad you are finding understanding in the process and gaining more strength and motivation! Cause I know it's hard to get that mental state. Well..GOOD JOB FRIEND! Keep it up! You will get there for sure! :)

Thank you my friend
  • paramedic52
    paramedic52 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful :)
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Ahhhhh you look great!!

You had a 5.5 month plateau??? I am on month THREE of a plateau...I just want to cry. What did you do?!?!

yes that plateau drove me crazy but I think that I finally figure it out I wrote a blog about it here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/weightloss32/view/holy-crap-the-changes-i-made-are-starting-to-show-on-the-scale-109691
  • findingfinally
    Options
    Our weight loss journey is practically the same, girl!! I started at 162lbs and like you I hit a plateau that lasted 5 months but I didn't stop. I also didn't drop the weight as fast as most people do/did but I'm still going b/c you're right it's not a race (or a competition) but a lifestyle change FOREVER! and most of all for me! Let other's successes inspire, encourage and motivate instead of discourage or deflate your spirit if they're getting awesome results and not even working as hard (been there, it's not fair but it's life). Anyway loved reading this post. Keep up the good work, doll. We're in this together!! I've lost 19 lbs and I have 15lbs to go till I reach my first goal of 128lbs... then we'll see if I need to go to 125 but I don't want to be lower than 120. Good luck to us both, we can and will do this!! Keep working hard. xoxo <3 Jo
  • kretakano
    kretakano Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Your tummy looks awesome!
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    Awsome! Very inspirational!! You should be proud:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!