Growing a butt, with lifting

Anyone else out there with a small back side? What exercises do you do to make that booty grow?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    Well...mine is not small, but I am growing it anyway :) I'm at a 250 calorie surplus. I powerlift, but also run some of the glute work from Strong Curves for hypertrophy. Hip Thrusts, Glute Bridges, Lunges, Cable Pull Throughs. I've gained two inches on my hips in about 2 and a half months.

I recommend a surplus and Strong Curves.
  • KatieBurnette2
    KatieBurnette2 Posts: 3 Member
    Awesome thanks so much! Def, going to boy that book! ☺️
  • arditarose
    Awesome thanks so much! Def, going to boy that book! ☺️

Yep. Bret Contreras really is the glute guy. I don't even run the whole program and cannot believe the change in my butt. It's like...night and day. Once I cut and get my waist back it'll look great lol.
  • dsadd22
    dsadd22 Posts: 10 Member
    Add me
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    dsadd22 wrote: »
    Add me
    wnk.gif
  • Appalachia7
    Appalachia7 Posts: 28 Member
    Arditarose - I also own Strong Curves. i was doing it at home for a while but got to the point where I needed to move to a barbell and heavy weights for the squat, deadlift, hip stuff etc. Do you do your hip thrusts and glute bridges in a public gym? I have just started doing glute bridges at the gym with a bar bell, I'm 45 and feel really self-conscious when I do so. Haven't gotten brave enough to try the hip thrust there yet.
  • arditarose
    Arditarose - I also own Strong Curves. i was doing it at home for a while but got to the point where I needed to move to a barbell and heavy weights for the squat, deadlift, hip stuff etc. Do you do your hip thrusts and glute bridges in a public gym? I have just started doing glute bridges at the gym with a bar bell, I'm 45 and feel really self-conscious when I do so. Haven't gotten brave enough to try the hip thrust there yet.

Yep I do them at the gym. I'm pretty comfortable there though...The first time I did them was a little weird but I don't care anymore. Honestly I think cable pull throughs are more awkward than bridges and hip thrusts.

What is your set up at the gym? Sometimes just mastering that can make you feel more confident.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    I'm meant to be doing hip thrust with a plate but haven't got the courage up to do it with all the guys around yet. I do body weight ones at home. May have to get a weight and do them at home.
  • wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    dsadd22 wrote: »
    Add me
    wnk.gif

• KatieBurnette2
    KatieBurnette2 Posts: 3 Member
    I'll have to try the cable pull through, what position do you put the cable?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    It's genetic.

It's called hypertrophy mate.

Calorie surplus + good exercise selection + adequate volume + time&consistency = a bigger whatever.
  • arditarose
    I'll have to try the cable pull through, what position do you put the cable?

I'll send you a video. It's super awkward but I think it's the money