Food shopping tomorrow...what's everyone eating this week!?

Options
Going food shopping tomorrow, what are you guys all eating this week?? Feel free to share meal or snack/dessert ideas!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have an ice cream maker coming in the mail so I'm going to get some fixings for my own recipes! Definitely powdered peanut butter, almond milk, maybe some nutella or chocolate chips.

Otherwise I have to stock up on tuna, shirataki, Fage 0%, popcorn kernels, laughing cow cheese, egg whites, maybe canned pumpkin, bags of lettuce/veg, frozen broccoli, protein bars, chicken sausage, ground turkey, walden farms syrups, chipotle sauce.

• QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I usually eat mostly the same things weekly. Breakfast is either oats or bran cereal with milk, snacks are: yoghurt, nuts, dark chocolate, fruit, lunch is wholegrain toast with chicken or an egg.

And dinner is well, whatever. Today its beef with onions and potatoes. Tomorrow is fish and homemade chips. Wednesday, chicken ala king, Thursday, spaghetti bolognaise, and friday is bbq with toasted sandwiches.

There... You have my whole week's menu! :lol:
  • steph2740
    steph2740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have an ice cream maker coming in the mail so I'm going to get some fixings for my own recipes! Definitely powdered peanut butter, almond milk, maybe some nutella or chocolate chips.

Otherwise I have to stock up on tuna, shirataki, Fage 0%, popcorn kernels, laughing cow cheese, egg whites, maybe canned pumpkin, bags of lettuce/veg, frozen broccoli, protein bars, chicken sausage, ground turkey, walden farms syrups, chipotle sauce.

Oh nice!! Feel free to add me I would love to hear about your ice cream recipes! What protein bars are your fave??
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    steph2740 wrote: »

Oh nice!! Feel free to add me I would love to hear about your ice cream recipes! What protein bars are your fave??

I eat Combat Crunch. I switched from Quest after they changed their formula
  • steph2740
    steph2740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!!
    I usually eat mostly the same things weekly. Breakfast is either oats or bran cereal with milk, snacks are: yoghurt, nuts, dark chocolate, fruit, lunch is wholegrain toast with chicken or an egg.

And dinner is well, whatever. Today its beef with onions and potatoes. Tomorrow is fish and homemade chips. Wednesday, chicken ala king, Thursday, spaghetti bolognaise, and friday is bbq with toasted sandwiches.

There... You have my whole week's menu! :lol:

• ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    generally I have a smoothie for breakfast, toast with either avocado or peanut butter for lunch, and then something vegetable based for dinner. of course that all gets blown out of the water on the days I'm at my boyfriend's house all day.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    We kind of tend to come up with meals on the fly at my house. Mostly whatever we're in the mood for/what mom and I feel like cooking.

Tonight was a homemade gluten free, nondairy pizza and a side salad. Tomorrow will be a roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots. One night will be leftover chicken. I'll probably fry and egg and have a salad one night when my parents are having something that I can't eat.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    steph2740 wrote: »

I eat Combat Crunch. I switched from Quest after they changed their formula

This - like these a lot, great nutritional profile imo.

93/7 ground beef, chicken breast, sliced deli meat for sandwiches, cottage cheese, salad vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, Publix reduced calorie wheat bread, Joseph's honey wheat flatbreads, canned vegetables, shredded cheese, eggs, Hungry Jack protein pancake mix.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My dinners this week will be minestrone soup; pork chop w/sweet potato mash and peas; leftover soup; stir-fry w/greenshell mussels and jasmine rice; pancakes with fillings; salmon, brown basmati rice and green beans; boiled artichoke w/ melted butter, cob of corn and slices of ham.

I have most of the ingredients already, all I need to buy is squash, carrots, garlic, chili, red/green pepper(s) (paprika), some large beans, ham, artichoke and corn.

For other meals, I'm hoping to get pears on sale today, 3 more sorts of fruit later this week (this time of year it's a tough decision between pomelo, melons, pomegranate, pineapple, mango, grapes, litchi, apples, and tangerines, everything is so delicious), and I'll choose a selection of four different vegetables to be eaten raw (broccoli, cauliflower, swede, romanesco, cucumber, beets).

I will also be buying milk, crispbread and frozen peas, maybe rice noodles, peanut butter, maple syrup, chestnuts, Greek yogurt and pickled herring.

Breakfasts varies between crispbread w/ cheese/liver pate and porridge. Lunch from today until Friday is crispbread w/ cream cheese, smoked salmon and chopped shallots, then omelet and tuna salad the last two days. Supper/evening meal will hopefully be pears with homemade almond and cashew butters, and then yogurt with nuts/nut butters and honey/maple syrup.

Life is good :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Right now I want to make that new skinnytaste beef/pasta/tomato soup recipe, and some salmon, and tonight we're having roasted turkey breast with butternut squash and random veggies... Want to roast some fresh veggies but prices are insane, so I'll probably buy more frozen veggies. Lunches are going to be leftovers (there's still taco meat and pork chops too, and bread and lunch meats).

I really don't have any food craving right now so it's typically hell to plan meals when that happens. I'll probably end up buying some chicken sausage again, and chicken breasts if they are on sale (although I'm not quite sure what to make with that either). Otherwise... beats me. I'll probably end up making more bread and having French toast at some point for breakfast though (that or eggs and bacon, or oatmeal).
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This week it seems to be lining up like this:
    Breakfast: egg or 2 eggs, with maybe some cheese if I feel like it, 1 slice of toast with either butter or peanut butter.

Lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich on bulky roll with bbq sauce (I'm so boring) sometimes with sweet pickles or spanish olives, depends on mood.

Dinners: Monday: chicken with pasta and zoodles and carrots, feta cheese.
    Tuesday: Taco Tuesday
    Wedneday: Hot dogs n french fries n tater tots with veggies, (my kids fave, I have to watch the carbs with this meal, the calories add up fast)
    Thursday: Ham slices and pineapple, rice and broccoli n cauliflower with cheese.
    Friday: Frozen chicken patties baked as chicken parm, pasta and summer squash and green beans.

Snacks: laughing cow cheese with 8 wheat thins or apple and peanut butter, usually split with my kids. Sometimes a palm full of raisins if I'm looking for a munchie, its a good sweet quick thing for me to grab.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I do meal planning a week at a time, usually Sunday - Friday, with Saturday as a leftover day or using up remaining ingredients. I really only plan dinners. Lunches tend to be left overs from the previous night's dinner. I am boring with breakfast. I have a bowl of cereal and I'm good to go.

This week's dinner menu
    Sunday: Asian glazed chicken thighs, braised bok choy, turnip puree
    Monday: Southwest pinto bean burgers with chipotle mayonaisse, garlic roasted beet greens
    Tuesday: Beet, blood orange, kumquat, and quinoa salad (Tuesday is my bowling league night and I don't have time to go home between work and bowling, so I need something that travels well and can be eaten cold)
    Wednesday: Spicy basil chicken, brown rice with sesame, sauteed snow peas and peppers
    Thursday: BLT pasta, oven roasted broccoli
    Friday: Turkey burgers with cranberry-apple relish (I am going to use up some of the chicken in the freezer), Caesar salad

Snacks: Apples, bananas, Edy's Outshine pomegranate bars, Weight Watchers giant latte bars, Emeralds cocoa roasted almonds

Most of these recipes come from cooking light and you can find them on myrecipes.com. Also, my diary is open and pre-loaded if anyone wants to take a look.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    soups!!! love it.
  • BrownieKitty12345
    BrownieKitty12345 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My grocery trips usually contain a lot of bananas, avocados, apples, mushrooms, and frozen raw chicken breasts.
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ohh right...menu for the week, meal planning was a New Year's Resolution! I just worked all weekend (rotating schedule, every other weekend I'm on Fri Sat Sun) but goal was every week to make Sunday or Monday prep day. Good thing I just have a boyfriend to feed or I'd have some grumpy children! I'm on vacation starting today and the bf is leaving on business and I'm off to my parents for 4 days starting Weds, so just have to worry about today and tomorrow. I had to prep for the weekend meals but to give you an idea we had Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (we don't do bread, so on lettuce) with sesame sweet potato "noodles" on Friday, were out at a friend's for dinner Sat so had whatever we could get our hands on that didn't include grains/dairy, last night I had prepped Juli Bauer's Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili in the crockpot so we'd have some kinda football-esque food to watch while the Patriots lose (:( New England here, I don't really care but sympathize with my kin).... tonight I think I'll make Coconut Cashew Chicken Fingers with roasted parsnips. It's easy and a fave around here! Tomorrow simple beef stirfry with cauliflower "rice". So yeah, there ya go :)
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My dinner menu for the week -

Monday - Sausage Tortellini Skillet - http://www.emilybites.com/2014/10/sausage-tortellini-skillet.html
    Tuesday - Chicken Bruschetta, Sugar Snap Peas, Rice - http://domesticsuperhero.com/2013/10/19/skinny-bruschetta-chicken/
    Wednesday - French Dip Wonton Cupcakes - http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/french-dip-cupcakes.html
    Thursday - 4 Cheese Sausage Stuffed Shells - http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/four-cheese-sausage-stuffed-shells.html
    Friday - Sesame Chicken, Broccoli + Rice - no recipe but I use this sesame sauce - http://www.amazon.com/Campbells-Skillet-Sauces-Toasted-9-Ounce/
    Saturday - Pizza Pockets - http://www.emilybites.com/2015/05/pizza-pockets.html
    Sunday - I dont cook - so either takeout or whatever my husband decides to make!

Breakfast - cereal and strawberries, greek yogurt, english muffins
    Lunches... salad with grilled chicken, dinner leftovers, turkey and cheese sandwiches

Also - I clearly have an EmilyBites obsession ;)
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower dropped in price this week so I bought a head and need to research a recipe for it :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm having either weetabix or ham omelette for breakfast (depends on time), then I've got protein flapjacks for a snack. Lunch will be either a prawn or tuna salad and maybe a cup-a-soup (got some chicken ones to try). For dinner this week I've got chicken, salmon, cod which I'll have with veggies. I usually snack on an apple with peanut butter in the evenings. Today I had meatballs and whole grain spelt spaghetti for dinner.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts- Coffee, cream.

Lunches- Taco bowls- Chicken, salsa, rice, black beans, avocado, sour cream

Snacks- Greek yogurts, apples, pears, protein bars.

Dinners- Tri-tip steak with asparagus, chicken thighs with broccoli, chili, not sure about the rest.

I keep stock of frozen meals for when I'm lazy, always have eggs, veggie sausage patties and cheese on hand so I can eat that for breakfast (or dinner!), frozen and canned veggies for sides, and the occasional diet soda for a treat.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I've been mashing up a wedge of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese into my veggies lately. It's really good...because plain old steamed vegetables can be boring and tiresome after a while. Plus - only 35 Calories!