Vitamin allowance

Options
The only thing I ever seem to go over on is my Iron and vitamin C targets for the day.
I'm relatively new to this and know nothing about nutrition, is it really bad for me to get a lot of iron and vitamin C?
Any insight is appreciated, thanks ☺️

Replies

• JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think you're probably fine. Vitamin C is water soluble, so your body can rid of excess in your urine. It's the fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K) that can be problematic if you go over , and even then you'dhave to go wayyyy over, like usually from supplements.
    Same with iron, it can make you constipated, but as long as you're getting it from food sources and not supplements it's unlikely to be high enough to cause a problem. In fact most young women could use a little extra iron :)
    If those are the only things you're going over on, you must have a killer diet. I'm jealous over here
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C is not an issue. Those Emergency packs have like many multiples of your daily goal in one tab. You just pee it out. Iron could be problematic. It depends how much you go over. They do make multivitamins for women specifically without iron because I believe women past menopause don't need as much
  • sianparmenter585
    sianparmenter585 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insights!