Which Fitbit do you recommend?

Options
My son got the Charge for his birthday and it's pretty cool. I want to get one but debating between the Flex, Charge and ChargeHR. Is the HR worth the extra cost?

Replies

• tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have the charge I didn't get the HR because honestly I didn't think I needed to check my heart rate. Although it's a great idea, I just wouldn't use it. I love the charge. Although I misplaced it and I'm so mad
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Okay I need to know this too! I want a Fitbit! Just can't decide which one!! I've read a lot online but I'd like to see what all my fitness pals say!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    they have a new one coming out in march I think it is. forget what its called. but you can go to their page and it will show you what ones they have and the specifications. I have the charge HR first fitbit I have ever owned.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I just recently upgraded to the Surge from the Flex, the amount of love I have for this device cannot be put into mere words. To give you a simple answer, if you are like me, a data nerd, spend the money, if you just want something to give you a little extra push, get the flex
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A friend got the Charge bc she didn't want all the bells and whistles of the HR. The band was falling apart in a few months. They gave her a credit and she bought the HR because the band is so much nicer.
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I bought the HR because I wanted to track calories burned during workouts. I track all my food in MFP, so now I add in my workouts with calories burned (based on my heart rate).
  • armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I got the Charge HR today! Woohoo!
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Will the Charge HR be suitable for crossfit exercises? Or is it more geared towards running / walking?
  • tiernan12
    tiernan12 Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    None of the wrist-based trackers are very accurate. I cared much more about the HR monitoring aspect (for purposes of determining workout calories) than the daily activity tracking. I went with the Polar Loop. There is a definite downside in that Polar sucks at linking up with things, but I'm otherwise happy. (To get calories into MFP, I sync through MapMyRun.)

http://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/heart-rate-monitor-accurate-comparison-wrist
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the flex but I love it, it's ideal for me :)
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I have had them all. Just got the HR last week.
    By far my favorite. The tracking it does has been pretty dang accurate.
    I dont use the calories set forth by my Fitbit as I use TDEE less 20% but its still pretty close with calculating my daily calorie needs. If you want to track HR during work outs as your guide to definitive calorie burn a chest strap is the most accurate. But for what the HR does, its very good.
  • tns56364
    tns56364 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought one yet but researching like crazy. I was thinking about getting the hr but I might wait for the blaze that is coming out in a couple of months.