This is becoming a way of life!

Options
Even though I havent been on here that long (32 Days), I have learned so much!
It is almost impossible for me to eat anything before checking it on my MFP app.
I never thought this could be so easy & motivating but the pounds are slowly but surely melting away!
I would love to see you guys' progress & learn from people that are VETS in this crazy rollercoaster ride! :)
Tell me about your weightloss success below & feel free to add me to witness my journey firsthand
Thank you

Replies

• GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm at day 20 and have lost 8.5 pounds. I started at 191 lb. I'm male. Good luck!
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is my Day 6 in this streak. I cannot agree more. Every bite I take, it gets logged. Adding you. I love more friends who are upbeat. Lets do this. Cheers :)
  • Jenp789
    Jenp789 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on long...22 days. I have lost 4 pounds and have tracked every day. I exercise 4-6 days a week and now understand it was my calorie intake that was holding me back from losing! I discovered a couple of websites with really good recipes that everyone in my family enjoys. Skinny taste.com is my favorite so far. Really good soup and crockpot recipes. Good luck to you!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yep. I've logged well over 500 days now. I've gone from losing 30+ pounds, to maintaining and trying a body recomposition, back to losing to get very lean, and now I'm using the app to GAIN weight and muscle. I've learned how to lose, maintain, gain, eat to perform in the gym. I understand my macro and micronutrient intake. I can tell you mundane things like how many grams are in a serving of ketchup and how many grams of protein I have eaten every day since last July. It is an amazing tool.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Day #1327.
    One day, one pound, one step at a time.
    Never give up. Set small goals.
    Weigh, measure & write what you bite.
    It's not a diet but a lifestyle change. Losing the weight is only the beginning.
    fk6q1hmfftks.png
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    21 days on MFP (again..oops!) and 8 lbs. down. I am feeling really motivated this time, my clothes are feeling more comfortable and I have enrolled in a couple of exercise classes which so far I am loving. My husband is also losing weight and is playing squash and training so we are working together to keep exercise in our schedule and are taking it in turns to sort out the kids etc. so that we can go our separate ways to keep fit. My motivation is that I turn 40 in 18 months and I don't want to be overweight and unfit at 40 or I suspect that will be it for the rest of my life. I have never felt like this before, I don't feel like I am hard done to because I can't eat everything in site, I feel excited at the prospect of being able to buy clothes off the shelf and not feel terrible about myself in a swim suit. Keep telling us how you are progressing on your journey - feel free to add me if you want. x
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    yay, this is awesome!! :)
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Same here. I started at the beginning of January and am very excited that things have been going so well. After the first few days, I adjusted and I've been surprisingly satisfied. I honestly did not ever imagine it would be this "easy". This is the first time in many years that I feel this committed. It's like a light switch got flicked on because this time feels different from all the other times I tried and failed.

There have been a couple of times where I gave in to cravings - but by and large I've been doing amazing. I'm learning not to beat myself up if I don't follow the plan exactly. I just need to rearrange my future plans and then it all works out. Been pretty exciting to learn that splurges can be a part of my new life. This past week I switched to viewing my calories on a net calorie basis - so not only can I accommodate occasional splurges, I can eat what now feels like a lot of food because I am eating back 50% of my exercise calories. Sure motivates me to exercise :) An extra 80-200 calories a day is a lot! I even had 1/2 cup of ice cream last night lol.

I've dropped 6 lbs so far. This morning I gained back a pound - but since I am using trendweight - I know it is just a normal blip (I feel bloated) and I am not discouraged since I have been expecting this.

And yes, anyone - feel free to add me :) I'm just starting to dip my toes into the whole MFP friend thing and am excited to have some friends on this journey we are all in together.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    jpreeshl wrote: »
    I haven't been on long...22 days. I have lost 4 pounds and have tracked every day. I exercise 4-6 days a week and now understand it was my calorie intake that was holding me back from losing! I discovered a couple of websites with really good recipes that everyone in my family enjoys. Skinny taste.com is my favorite so far. Really good soup and crockpot recipes. Good luck to you!

I love skinnytaste! lately whenever I want to make something I google skinnytaste xxx recipe. And I am obsessed with her zucchini lasagna. Soooo good. I actually start smiling when lunch time comes around - and not because I'm hungry - it's because I'm excited to be eating something fabulous that I made myself that has the added bonus of being good for me.
  • zgiarc
    zgiarc Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've got about the same story as yourself and others. I started December 27 and have lost 20 pounds in those 4 weeks. Staying the course the first couple of weeks was tough, but once I learned that my calorie intake was going to get me to 300 pounds really soon, the light bulb turned on. I've learned to eat healthier, but that I can still enjoy regular food - just not nearly as much as I was eating.

The first thing I did was give up soda. That was so hard!! I was probably drinking somewhere around 80 ounces of Coke, and/or Mt. Dew per day. I never thought while doing that how many useless calories I was putting into my body. The first day or 2 of that was tough, but right now I don't even crave it too often.

So far I have just been walking every day and doing ab/core work. I feel so much better it is incredible!!! I look forward now to my alarm going off in the morning and going out for a walk with my dog! I know a plateau may hit soon, but this is now a lifestyle for me - not just a diet.

I have no friends on here, but please feel free to add me. I have been lurking here every day reading success stories and have decided to take the next step to keep me motivated and on track and hopefully help others along the way!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Two months back on MFP, after losing nearly 80lb in 2013-14. Put back on around 15lb during the hiatus (but at the same time discovered a love of running, so it's not all bad) and have lost half that gain already. Another 30lb to go to goal now. Currently trying to balance losing the weight with increasing my running distance - I've just signed up for a 10K in April!
  • tmorton03
    tmorton03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband and I began in February of 2014 after the birth of our daughter. In one year, I lost 85 lbs and my husband lost 75. We have kept it off for one year. Tracking your intake and exercise works! I am on day 725! It is a slow process. I was nearly a size 18 when I started and my goal was to be a size 8. I am currently a size 6 and loving it! My husband was nearly a size 40 and is now a size 32! Advise? Eat more protein, fruits, and veggies and less carbs. Carbs have your calories. But I eat carbs. I cannot live without them. However, I eat them in moderation.
    Good Luck!
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Day 251 - currently down 43 pounds... started at 292.. heading towards 160ish
  • tmumphrey1
    tmumphrey1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys have such great stories.I hope I can stay committed as long as some of you have!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    rock on girl, you are awesome.
  • tmumphrey1
    tmumphrey1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    rock on girl, you are awesome.

Thanks! Very appreciated
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm in MFP for 200+days so far & love it! I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I certainly learned a lot about workout choice and how I should eat to help achieving my goal. :blush:
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    day 607 and 125lbs down..one day at a time!!! still not at my GW but I'm getting there. I've leaned a lot about myself and how I needed to make it a lifestyle change.
  • change4lifenow
    change4lifenow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is day 20 for me and I have lost 8 lbs so far. I like others loved soda. I have not had a soda this I started my journey and now I don't even think about them or crave them. Its a miracle! LOL. I will say that I havent really exercised since I started my journey, but my commit this week is to add excersise into my weekly routine. I can't wait to see the results. Good luck on your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!