New to MFP (3 weeks) and need to lose at least 70lbs. I am 196lbs. with 125lbs. as a goal! :)

Options
Hey there...I am a happily married wife and stay-at-home mom of 8 and granny of 1! I have been overweight most of my life with the problem getting worse after letting things get really out of control during my child-bearing years! I have been on diets, pills and weight loss programs since I was 12 yrs. old! I feel really sad that all those years seem wasted as far as maintaining good health and fitness. I ended up on bp medicine after my 7th child was born 10 years ago and would love to get off of it. In addition to that, some other big motivating factors for losing weight and gaining muscle is to feel good about myself, be a good example to my children and husband, have more energy to care for them, do what I can to avoid disease, and look good for my hubby for the last half of our lives (I am 48 and he is 50)! I would also consider it a privilege to be an encouragement to others! :)

Replies

• bkain923
    bkain923 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello - I just started the app and program today and I am a little older than you (okay a lot older) as I am retired in my sixties but keep getting bigger and bigger. I just got married again, looked at my wedding pictures and decided that to my enjoy my life with my wife, and to look good (okay decent) I have to lose weight. Since you seem to have some of the same motivations as I do, maybe from time to time we can give each other tips on what to do to stay on the program. I know that despite my current resolve, I am going to need it and I am sure I am not alone, Bill
  • Joe336mfp
    Joe336mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck sir. I'm 46, I had a kidney transplant last year in March and since then I've gained 60 pounds. My goal is to lose it all. I've also been on jujitsu for 2 months and a diabetic. So we're in this together.
  • heatherkballard
    heatherkballard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's always a good day to start down the road to good/better health! Be consistent and get to the gym/start exercising! It has become addictive and a fun hobby for my husband and I to do together along with our teens! :)
  • NotThatDamselAnymore
    Options
    I'd love to be on your friends list. Add me if you'd like. Good luck either way! :)
  • triacook
    triacook Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started my 3rd week as well. Last year was a bust for me. Turned 60; had some health issues that led to arthroscopic hip surgery in the fall. I wasn't very mobile so gained a lot of weight. I've never been this size before and am determined to never be this size again. I thrive on structure and it looks like MFP is just what I need. But I think I would enjoy some camaraderie for the journey. It's encouraging to know you're not the only one on the path! - Tria
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You got this!
  • heatherkballard
    heatherkballard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks Debmal77! :smile:
  • ecs1516
    ecs1516 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 50 this year and working to lose. Been so hard the past year or so. I have two teens and I am married.