Aldi's

Options
Went to Aldi's and was super impressed with their healthy food options. Now I'm trying to compile a grocery list of must haves. What are the items you love to buy at Aldi's?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    100 calorie Greek yogurt. I like how theirs doesn't have fiber additive like Chobani and Triple Zero (chicory root....ugh).

They have some frozen green beans that are good, they are really skinny.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love everything.
    I am a Costco shopper also so I will be though. A couple of dislikes.
    Their frozen chicken breasts contain a lot of added sodium water. Worlds apart from Costco.
    Their sliced ham tastes overly salty and has a slight chemical taste.
    Their vegetable cans seem to offer less vegetables and more water than top brands.
    Their milk is not on the list for non-hormone. Also tastes a bit watery to me vs. Costco.
    Everything else, I pretty much love.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Here is a search string for ADLI in title, within one year of today:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?title=ALDI&within=1+year&date=today
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    100 calorie Greek yogurt. I like how theirs doesn't have fiber additive like Chobani and Triple Zero (chicory root....ugh).

TeaBea wrote: »

Cool! Thanks
  • SylviaCherie
    Options
    I love everything.
    Their frozen chicken breasts contain a lot of added sodium water. Worlds apart from Costco.
    Their vegetable cans seem to offer less vegetables and more water than top brands.
    Their milk is not on the list for non-hormone. Also tastes a bit watery to me vs. Costco.

Good to know since I have to watch my sodium intake. I was also thinking of just shopping there and at BJ's. Thank you the info:)
  • SylviaCherie
    Options
    Thanks for the links!! Exactly what I was looking for.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love aldi's! They have such a great selection of organic and it's decently priced as well
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love everything.

Good to know since I have to watch my sodium intake. I was also thinking of just shopping there and at BJ's. Thank you the info:)

If you like canned vegetables, their fit and active line has no salt added. I buy the petite diced tomatoes all the time.

Best grocery store, hands down (although I hear there is a lot of variety in different areas). Ours has a ton of organic produce/meat/items.