Advice needed please

Options
I am very upset.. did my weigh in this morning and have not lost or gained.. am so disappointed as am eating 1200 cals a day i do 2 zumba classes a week each lasting an hr and i try to walk atleast 20 mins on the other days.. am i doing something wrong?? i just dont know what to do... i never used to count calories at weekends but am starting this week.. friday always will be my lax day as thats when i go out for drinks/meal with friends but i will still be careful..

im 180 lbs and 5ft 1.

please any advice?? i just feel like its all stalling and im never gonna lose weight..

Emma

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    How long have you been going this? Are you drinking water? Are the things you are eating "good for you".. You can stay under the calories all you want, but if you're eating crap it's not going to make a difference. DON'T GIVE UP!! Your body takes time to adjust to the changes... I'd say drink more water and try exercising a little more.. and stay away from the scale for a little bit... it will come off... GOOD LUCK!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    i never used to count calories at weekends but am starting this week..

Weekend calories are the same as weekday calories, they ALL count! You have to take them into consideration when doing your plan. Make sure your water intake is ok!!
  • emmamolly
    emmamolly Posts: 17
    Options
    I started last year and went from 13st 7 to 11st 13 by xmas but gave up smoking and now am back to 12st 12 and just not shifting..

I drink 2 litres of water every day.
    I will carry on im determined to lose all this weight.. its just dishearting ..
  • bw00d1
    bw00d1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In addition to your Zumba cardio workouts, try doing some free weights to tone your muscles. Muscle burns more calories and helps rev the metabolism. Small hand weights work fine (3lb, 5lb, 8lb). 3 x a week is sufficient. You can Google working out with hand weights to see recommended exercises. It will take 3 to 6 weeks to start seeing the result of this effort, but hang in th:smile: ere. It will be worth it!
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You're stats are pretty similar to mine, I'm 5"1' and started at 171lb.
    All I can tell you is - stick to it - it really will work in the end. I started out walking a couple of days a week, 2 x 20min walks (to work and back), and am slowly upping my exercise, I now walk 2 or 3 times a week and on my off days I do the 30 day shred. (This week I'm doing the Shred 4 days and walked 1)
    Make sure you eat enough (I tend to eat back about half my exercise calories) and try not to get disheartened. If you stick at it you WILL start to see the pounds fall off.
    As for the weekends, just don't go mad. I'm not as stringent at the weekend, but so long as you keep them reasonable (say below 1500 cals) you should still lose weight. Just don't let it rule your life, or you'll get miserable and not want to keep going.
    Good luck, and feel free to add me! :smile: