Who eats roughly 1500?

Options
Hey there MFP people! I love all my friends here but I they seem to be split between people who eat 1200 kcal or 2000+ and kuddos, whatever works for them! But I'd love some friends who eat closers to my calorie goals because I like to snoop on your diary and get meal ideas :):p

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I recenntly dropped my cal goal from 1500 to 1300, but with exercise i end up around 1500. Feel free to add me!
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I try to net 1400 or so. Doesn't always happen. But as long as the "if every day were like today" message shows a loss, I'm good
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1400 (I'll add in a little for exercise) - feel free to send me a friend request.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Just recently started maintenance, which increased my daily to 1460...still kind of struggling with eating enough on workout days, but I'm a work in progress!! Feel free to add me :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Just recently started maintenance, which increased my daily to 1460...still kind of struggling with eating enough on workout days, but I'm a work in progress!! Feel free to add me :)

We have the same calorie level to maintain!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Nice to meet you! How are you finding it? 1200 was difficult at first, then became normal...so much, that I'm really forcing myself to eat more for the increased goal...xo
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You can snoop/friend me. Usually around 1400 or so - some days more, some days less.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Nice to meet you! How are you finding it? 1200 was difficult at first, then became normal...so much, that I'm really forcing myself to eat more for the increased goal...xo

Yeah, when I first moved to maintaining it was hard (I net 1,460 and that means I usually gross around 1,800 -2,000 because I am fairly active). When I was losing weight I tended to save my calories for the evening because I like a big dinner, but it was too much for the evening once I moved to maintaining. So I had to "retrain" myself to eat a bigger breakfast and lunch. And I introduced an afternoon snack, which I had skipped while losing weight.

I began using more fat in my salad dressings (I had used apple cider vinegar and mustard while losing weight), will sometimes have a latte (had black coffee while losing weight), and indulge more on Friday date night with my husband.
  • mrsb461
    mrsb461 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Wow that's your maintenance?I'm on 1660 to lose weight which is more then your maintenance haha. I was on 1200 for about a month but after reading articles discussing if was healthy or not, I decided to go with what the NHS recommends me my intake to be to lose weight. Only changed it yesterday so hope I still lose. Will send you all freed requests =)
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 a day and then another 100 for every mile I run that day. Feel free to add me!
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I try to net 1480 or slightly less. Add me :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1600 but I eat 100 or 200 calories lower ....my diary is open to anyone ..you are more than welcome to look at it
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 1500. My diary is open, feel free to snoop. I'm in losing mode and bouncing between 3-4 lbs lost since Jan 1st.
  • lyndefisher
    lyndefisher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Started maintenance a few weeks ago. It bumped me from 1200 to 1960. Figured that was too big a jump at one time so I have been increasing slowly. Up to 1500 but it's not always easy for me to hit that (I try and not go over on carbs and fats and not too far over on protein). Feel free to add me.
  • sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1490 daily. Feel free to add me :)
  • Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My goal on a non active day is 1300-1400. Most days I eat around 1500 because I have exercise calories. I have gone all the way up to a few random 1800-1900 calorie days due to a big date night or Christmas, etc. But I've always had a loss showing in the "if every day were like today" box. That's what matters to me! 25 1/2 pounds down now, 5 pounds to healthy weight, 15 1/2 to goal #1.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    mrsb461 wrote: »

Wow that's your maintenance?I'm on 1660 to lose weight which is more then your maintenance haha. I was on 1200 for about a month but after reading articles discussing if was healthy or not, I decided to go with what the NHS recommends me my intake to be to lose weight. Only changed it yesterday so hope I still lose. Will send you all freed requests =)

LOL...I was at 1200 since August, have lost almost 80 lbs to date. I think mine is so low because I am built very small, and my lifestyle is quite sedentary, even with my workouts.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Yeah, when I first moved to maintaining it was hard (I net 1,460 and that means I usually gross around 1,800 -2,000 because I am fairly active). When I was losing weight I tended to save my calories for the evening because I like a big dinner, but it was too much for the evening once I moved to maintaining. So I had to "retrain" myself to eat a bigger breakfast and lunch. And I introduced an afternoon snack, which I had skipped while losing weight.

I began using more fat in my salad dressings (I had used apple cider vinegar and mustard while losing weight), will sometimes have a latte (had black coffee while losing weight), and indulge more on Friday date night with my husband.

This is what I've been doing too....allowing myself more PB on my toast...adding a little more butter, eating a bit more meat per meal....and I've upped my French Vanilla a few times from Medium to large...lol...sounds trite, but it helps to increase the cals!
  • jplinis
    jplinis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 1460. Although I do eat less on days I don't go to the gym. Feel free to add me.
  • eddycaa
    eddycaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm close at 1800 calories. Feel free to snoop at my food diary. I just started logging again so I'd give it a few days. I'm gluten-free and tend to stick to high protein lowish carb meals