Weight gain after getting off birth control?

Options
My husband and I are wanting to have another baby so I had my birth control removed about 1 month ago but since I have I've been wanting to eat everything in sight and have gained 5-10lbs. Anybody else have this problem? I want to stay fit through my pregnancy and am also struggling with how much working out is to much working out.......please help!

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I actually had the opposite issue.

I just ask my self if my stomach is growling or if my head is. my head I ignore.
    as for the pregnancy, I have no idea. I think asking your obgyn is your best bet
  • khutchings09
    khutchings09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have gained 5 lbs going off without changing my diet or exercise patterns :(. Total bummer, but as long as I stay with healthy habits hopefully it will work out.
  • jemlouise93
    jemlouise93 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    C_LO211 wrote: »
    My husband and I are wanting to have another baby so I had my birth control removed about 1 month ago but since I have I've been wanting to eat everything in sight and have gained 5-10lbs. Anybody else have this problem? I want to stay fit through my pregnancy and am also struggling with how much working out is to much working out.......please help!

It's just your body adjusting and hormones regulating. It's nothing to worry about. Some people drop weight, some people gain weight. I'm the same as you! I want to eat everything in site and nothing at all that's healthy. I've managed to continue losing weight though as I treat myself daily but stick within my calories. Don't be to hard on yourself, allow yourself treats but just try and keep it mainly healthy!

Good luck on trying for another baby, how exciting!! All the best :)