Cellulite creams/serums

Cellulite creams and serums - a load of nonsense or do they actually work?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Don't work. Keeping yourself moisturized helps the appearance and feels nice...but sadly, they do not take away cellulite. Mine has decreased very much after dropping into a healthy weight range and weight lifting.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Load of nonsense. Topical creams affect the epidermis and cellulite is in the dermis. Creams may camouflage, but that's only temporary.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Doesn't work. The appearance of my cellulite has significantly decreased as I've lost weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    save your money.

or send it to me.

either way, they dont work. LOL
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    A lot of these expensive creams contain collagen which do bunk when applied topically. If you want to use collagen look into Gelatin (collagen), consuming it will give you better results and it's cheap. Just be aware of what type you're buying, don't use the cheapo crap from the bakery section. Great Lakes, i think it's called, is a decent brand which uses only grass fed cows in it's product.
    It has many more benefits than just improvement of hair, skin and nails.
  • lisasp4
    lisasp4 Posts: 73 Member
    I'm a vegetarian so I'll be giving the gelatin a miss. Thanks for the advice though.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    lisasp4 wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian so I'll be giving the gelatin a miss. Thanks for the advice though.

Aaah dammit. I've got nothing for you then :disappointed:
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Don't work. Keeping yourself moisturized helps the appearance and feels nice...but sadly, they do not take away cellulite. Mine has decreased very much after dropping into a healthy weight range and weight lifting.

I second this. I have really bad cellulite on my thighs. Really, really bad!!! Losing weight has helped, but I swear it's the weight lifting this time that has really helped smooth it out. It isn't close to being gone, but it looks a million times better than when I've stuck to dieting or cardio alone.

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I've heard that dry brushing can help (it increases circulation).... I don't think it makes it go away but helps with the appearance.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Losing weight and resistance training has improved mine; it's not gone, but it's better.

Friends and family swear blind I think it's worse than it actually appears. I think it's easy to be over critical of your own perceived 'flaws'. The majority of women have a least a little sprinkling of cellulite.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Just wanted to repost this article. It's been floating around MFP for a long time and is a good read on the topic of cellulite.
    http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    I did not have much hope that it would get better but after I lost most of the weight i wanted to lose the cellulite is barely noticeable. Did not exercise much other than walking
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Hokum. Voodoo. Snake oil.
  • lisasp4
    lisasp4 Posts: 73 Member
    I've lost most of the weight but now it's time to tone up a bit and the bum and thigh area is full of cellulite so I want to target that now with specific exercises or whatever it takes.
  • jotough
    jotough Posts: 11 Member
    I had a really good cellulite treatment at the spa at centre parcs (didn't know that's what it was when I booked it....thought just a scrubby massage). It was amazing at smoothing out the cellulite in my thighs....at time I was about a stone over my goal weight. HOWEVER it was very temporary...lasted 5-7 days. Pretty pricey at 45 quid!!!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Self tanner helps reduce the visual effect, but does not remove it. Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can really do.
  • sarahspenceee
    sarahspenceee Posts: 38 Member
    Doesn't work. The appearance of my cellulite has significantly decreased as I've lost weight.

same. ^
  • sarahspenceee
    sarahspenceee Posts: 38 Member
    jotough wrote: »
    I had a really good cellulite treatment at the spa at centre parcs (didn't know that's what it was when I booked it....thought just a scrubby massage). It was amazing at smoothing out the cellulite in my thighs....at time I was about a stone over my goal weight. HOWEVER it was very temporary...lasted 5-7 days. Pretty pricey at 45 quid!!!

Yeah if it bugs you and you have the funds, get this^ I've heard great things
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    You might benefit from doing a regular workout program with leg and squat exercises. Not that it will necessarily make your legs look different, but it's good for you and at least you can enjoy the burn. o:)