Louisiana

Options
Him I'm a 32yo guy from bossier city louisiana trying to get started and more motivated on getting healthier and losing weight but it seems really hard!

Replies

• bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it bud, I'm in Metairie, we get nice weather all the time, gotta make the best of what ya got. You can do it
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    32 here as well, Houma by way of Marrero here though! Trust me bro, it CAN be done. Take it slow. Here's what I did when I first started. I was notorious for drinking soda and that damned sweet tea.. So I just stopped that. Would allow myself ONE glass of tea with dinner and eliminated cokes. After about two weeks I was already swapping water for tea most days. Once I was used to it, I slowly started portion control but still ate the same stuff I always did. I went two entire months without stepping on a scale. When I did, with nothing more than eliminating sugary drinks and eating slightly less than I normally did, I was shocked that I had lost 12 pounds lol.. I was hooked and have been ever since. 5'11", 191 currently.. But 81 pounds down since last January and still going.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Baton Rouge here. I just started back this Jan, as I have 30 - 40 lbs to loose. Already down 6 so far. I agree with AlphaCajun about the sweet tea and soft drinks. I allow myself 1 sweet tea a day and the rest is water. My biggest issue is portion control, so I started watching my portions and eating more fruits and veggies. You can loose weight with just small eating habits and exercise.

@ AlphaCajun, good job on your weight loss.