Shred knees?

Options
Has anyone ever had this occur?

Did the shred 5 days last week level 1 and 1 day a bit of level 2 stopped as I was getting a bit bored and wanted to try some kinect games. Since then I've had this feeling in my left knee like its spongy or filled with fluid making it a bit stiff and sometimes locks (only way I can describe it).

I've never had knee problems except dislocated one in my teens but can't remember which one and don't think its the one thats feeling pain anyway.
I'm going to start the shred again Monday anyway but wondering if anyone else had had problems similar to this.

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    sounds like water on the knee! rest it and it should be ok soon x
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I found it was my foot position on the side lunges. When I corrected it I was fine.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    With all the stress on the knee from what you're describing, you may have bursitis, which is an inflamed bursa. That is small pouches of fluid that act as a shock absorber and gliding surfaces for the ligaments and bones of the knee. You may have over-exerted it.

The body is the best tell all when something is wrong. I would suggest using I.C.E and let it rest a few days then ease back into your workouts. Try a couple days a week and build up from there. If you keep going and don't give your knee a chance to heal, you run the risk of increasing the depth of the injury.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I also have that feeling in my left knee, although it doesn't lock. I've had it for about a year, since I started working out (walking mainly).

Honestly, since it doesn't hurt, I leave it alone. I've been doing the shred for 10 days, and haven't had any pain either, just the "watery" sound.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

Honestly, since it doesn't hurt, I leave it alone. I've been doing the shred for 10 days, and haven't had any pain either, the "watery" soundjust .

EWWW lol
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone not worked out properly since saturday due it. I think it is water on the knee as it goes stiff when in one position too long but no matter what I'm doing the shred monday even if it kills me lol
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

Honestly, since it doesn't hurt, I leave it alone. I've been doing the shred for 10 days, and haven't had any pain either, the "watery" soundjust .

EWWW lol
    Oh, come on! the human body is capable of worse noises than that! :bigsmile:

To the OP, I hope you feel better soon and can get back to working out. Good luck!