Help - Why have i hit a plateau in my third week

Options
Hi all

I lost 6lbs then 4lbs in my first couple of weeks. Im training hard and eating well but ive weighed myself tonight and my weight hasnt budged.

Thing is i feel lighter, my tummy feels a lighter tighter and my trousers are for sure getting looser. What can this be?

Lots of advice and help please

Dan

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A plateau is six weeks without losing weight. It is perfectly normal to have periods where the scale doesn't move. You won't necessarily lose every week, even when you are on plan.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Because weight loss isn't linear and you haven't given it enough time?

Patience, young grasshoppa. :)
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Keep It Up And Trust The Process Bro, It'll Come Down As Long As You Stay Consistent.
  • mrsb461
    mrsb461 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's normal for the scales not to budge one week. Keep with it!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Stick with your plan and you will see results in the long run. Good luck!!
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    One week without a loss isn't a plateau. Patience and persistence and you will lose.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    You lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks? I'm pretty jealous!

See? Not a plateau.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    As well as all of the above, bare in mind that your weight will go up or down daily because of things like how much food is in your system (ie in your bowels) or how much water your body is holding on to (which it does for various reasons, including when you eat alot of salt, or in some circumstances when you exercise).

So, for example you may have lost 1 pound this week, but you happen to have more food in your bowels or more water in your system than last time you weighed yourself. So the scale is not showing the 1 pound weight that you lost.

Seriously, don't sweat it :smile:. Just keep going.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If it helps any, it's pretty common to stall out on weight loss for the 2 or 3 week after starting. Just keep at it! Keep motivated and keep doing what you're doing, and make sure you are faithfully logging and it WILL keep coming off.
  • danielperkins87
    danielperkins87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I really appreciate all the advice and help. I am 100% sure of my goals and what i want to accomplish. I know ive not blown out this week so youre right, ive just got to stick with it
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The losses shall come. Just hang with it.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. It's called patience Not fun.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Start taking measurements as well. You may be losing inches.