Enlightenment for the Vertically Challenged

Options
I would like to start by saying this site has been a large help and wonderful resource to my weight loss endeavor. The multitude of information and utilities is an inspiration to us all on a daily basis. Thank you MFP for what you have done for so, so many people in need of a lifestyle adjustment.

I have lost 33lbs, one pound past my initial goal. I have readjusted my current goal for a total weight loss of 42lbs. This puts me at a weight I have not seen for many years since I was in the Army. Nine pounds to go and counting...

I would like to offer everyone a very small piece of advice that I have learned during my tenure here...STAY WITH IT!! Do not give up, do not surrender to temptation and by all means stay focused on the goal. The only thing that ever stands in our way of anything in life, to include weight loss, is ourselves. No excuses, no blame on anyone but myself for my lack of motivation when times get hard and the stakes are against me. I have learned that I am in control of my decisions and my lifestyle and thus...I have taken back what is mine!

I wish everyone here the same personal enlightenment. Find yourself in your actions and decisions and come out of this a better person for it. Not only are your eating habits and activity levels changing, but the way you now live your life with this adjustment is in flux. I am better for this adventure and so is everyone else who has committed to this new life.

Good luck and never be less than you are! God speed!

Michael

Replies

• LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Great post! It is so empowering to realize that you are in control of your own destiny! Good luck on your last nine pounds!
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, my friend. I am at the 33 pound mark. I'd like to lose 20 more. Thank you for the inspiration and motivation.
  • ericcalaniz
    ericcalaniz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think you meant horizontally challenged...I clicked on this hoping for some wit and wisdom from a fellow short person haha
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think you meant horizontally challenged...I clicked on this hoping for some wit and wisdom from a fellow short person haha

Haha, I originally thought that as well, seeing as I'm 5'5". I read the message and still thought it was great regardless. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!