the Purge

Eff76
Eff76 Posts: 31 Member
edited January 2016 in Getting Started
Did u purge your cabinets, pantry and cupboards? Or did u gradually ease into your new eating habits?

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    No I didn't. But I don't have any issues with eating foods just because they are available. For others, removing those "bad" foods are necessary. Besides, I like to treat myself most days and work a treat into my calorie allotment.
  • sarahspenceee
    sarahspenceee Posts: 38 Member
    YES. haha. It helps to not have it as an option until you're strong enough to resist. Im still not strong enough.
  • LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Oh yeah I definately purged the cupboards, I can't have nice things in my house because they seem to end up in my belly pretty quickly!
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Nope, because food shouldn't be considered the enemy. Anything in my cupboards/fridge/pantry can be eaten as long as it fits within my calorie goals. So I did not do that myself.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Nope, because food shouldn't be considered the enemy. Anything in my cupboards/fridge/pantry can be eaten as long as it fits within my calorie goals. So I did not do that myself.

this is the route I went.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I only adjusted portions. I did not change my foods.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Neither. I didn't change what I ate. I just changed how much. No need to purge or ease in. Just get a scale and start logging.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Ate the same foods to get fat, get slim and maintain my weight.
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    I gave away all the candy and high abuse snacks in my desk. Now I bring in my fresh fruits and veggie snacks!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    I'm one of those who find it hard to eat certain things in moderation, so I purged my cupboards by ... um ... eating all of that tempting stuff (was I meant to throw it out? oops). After which I didn't replace it. ^^
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    No.