Do you know the muffin man?

Options
joojoomarie27
joojoomarie27 Posts: 4 Member
Hey there,
Anyone know of a yummy and healthy recipe for muffins? I'm in the mood to bake.

Replies

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Try skinny taste.com and Pinterest :)
  • rleevegh
    rleevegh Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Cinnamon sweet potato muffins

Makes 12 muffins
    Super foods: eggs, oats, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, sweet potatoes

1 cup packet packed brown sugar, divided
    1/2 Cup pumpkin seeds, divided
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    1/4 Cup olive oil
    1 egg
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    3 cups peeled, grated sweet potato
    1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1 Cup oat flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 Cup skim milk, divided

Heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin papers. In a small bowl, Place half the brown sugar, the pumpkin seeds, and half the cinnamon; mix well. Set aside to use for the topping.
    In a large bowl, place the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon, olive oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix with a wooden spoon. Add the sweet potato and mix well. Set aside.
    In a separate large bowl, place the flours baking powder, and salt and mix well. Add half of the flour mixture to the wet brown sugar mixture. Stir until just combined. Add half the milk and stir again, but do not over mix. Repeat
    Fill each muffin cup three-fourths full. Press 2 teaspoons of the dry brown sugar and pumpkinseed topping onto the surface of each muffin. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when pressed. Remove the muffins from the tin and transfer to a wire rack until cool. Store in an airtight container for up to three days.

1 muffin 215 calories, 5 G protein, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 31 g carbohydrates, 3G fiber, 80 mg sodium.

• KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend these bran muffins...they're absolutely delicious!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/159466/roxies-bran-muffins/
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I plan on making some chocolate pumpkin oat muffins soon. Kinda making it up as I go, but I'll basically be making a chocolate powder ingredient base (flour, cocoa, baking soda, and splenda), adding canned pumpkin instead of oil/egg/milk, and mixing in some oats. I'm hoping they come out okay.
  • abbypalinski
    abbypalinski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GF Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I omitted mixing the chocolate chips into the dough, and just sprinkled about 4 or 5 on top of each muffin. Also, I doubled the recipe since I knew I was not going to use the chocolate chips wouldn't get as much volume, and I ended up getting about 12 regular sized muffins out of the recipe.

They turned out great, can't even tell they are GF and for the most part sugar free (for the batter). However next time to get the volume (ie more muffins lol) and put some moisture back in the batter, I think I'm going to mix in blueberries where the recipe calls to mix in the chocolate chips. I'm thinking it will taste like a PB&J. I'm actually really excited to make them again with the blueberries.

GF Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins, 1 serving: cal: 109 carbs:17 fat:4 protein: 2 sodium:81 sugar:14
    1 serving = 1 whole (regular sized, not mini) muffin

http://tiphero.com/gf-peanut-butter-banana-muffins/
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

Minutes to Prepare: 5

Minutes to Cook: 20

Number of Servings: 18

Ingredients

1 box spice cake mix
    1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree

Directions

Simply mix the pumpkin and the spice cake mix powder together and drop by heaping tablespoons into greased muffin cups.
    Bake at 350 18-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean

These are awesome and you can use any flavor cake mix.
  • nicoiam69
    nicoiam69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    KellieTru wrote: »
    I highly recommend these bran muffins...they're absolutely delicious!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/159466/roxies-bran-muffins/

These sound similar to one I make often - I freeze so I've got a quick brekky on the run or a filling snack. Will try this recipe.