Stomach bulge mid-section area help anyone.

Options
I have been working out religiously and dieting for over 5 weeks now. I have lost about 11lbs and noticed my clothes fit me better. The only problem I have is my stomach bulge doesn't seem to be going away. I my abs are noticeable on the outside area not the mid-section. I do different types of stomach exercises but still it's there. I hate feeling discourage or like I am failing but this bulge is ugly and it's winning the war! Anyone...

Replies

• hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Try a core strengthening Yoga.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Your body will lose weight from where it wants to. The first place you gain, is usually the last place you lose from. I've been at this game for nearly a year now and my midsection is STILL not flat or tight. It takes a lot of hard work, effort & most of all PATIENCE. Keep going.
  • reenpayne
    reenpayne Posts: 21
    Options
    First off, please don't say the word diet. Saying diet is setting you up for failure, it's a lifestyle change. I lost weight some years ago, and my stomach was pretty big. I started jogging and my stomach started to shrink dramastically. I went from a size 14 and I am now in a size 6. Remember this one thing...... weight loss is a journey not a race. I wish you the best.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It's very possible that you have an area of fat that is just resistant to diet and exercise. Sometimes the only way to "spot reduce" is through exploring other measures with a doctor. Example: I have a friend who's abdominal muscles detached from her core wall when she was pregnant (not uncommon) which gave her a post-pregnancy pooch that wouldn't go away no matter how much she exercised. Other people (like you and me!) just have stubborn fat areas. There are some safe, non-invasive treatments out there that help with this type of problem. Have you ever looked in Zeltiq (aka CoolSculpting)? It's a fat freezing technique where they cool the fat cells, causing them to die, without harming the surrounding tissue. Once a fat cell is dead, it can't come back. In terms of wokring out, try vinyassa yoga.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will look into a good yoga class. I have not tried yoga so it might just be what I need.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    First off, please don't say the word diet. Saying diet is setting you up for failure, it's a lifestyle change. I lost weight some years ago, and my stomach was pretty big. I started jogging and my stomach started to shrink dramastically. I went from a size 14 and I am now in a size 6. Remember this one thing...... weight loss is a journey not a race. I wish you the best.

Totally agree with "DIET" I've dieted and never won! So now I'm changing my life!!!!! Thanks for pointing this out!