Need to loose 10 pounds to pass army tape test.

Options
Need advice on what I can do to loose 10 pounds fast. I need to pass weight and tape. Thank you in advance

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When is your test - answers will differ
  • onelownissan24
    onelownissan24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every Friday I get tested
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    So they know you're 10lbs over and have provided you what time frame?
  • onelownissan24
    Options
    I'd say another month before they start doing paperwork to kick me out
  • onelownissan24
    Options
    I was on prednisone and gained alot of weight. And also just had a surgery so haven't been able to exercise much. But if i can loose 10 pounds I can pass my weigh In and stay in.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    And what support / guidelines are they providing?

OK you need to lose 10lbs

You need to eat 1000 calories less per day than you burn

So what's your TDEE and are you able to weigh and accurately log your food?
  • onelownissan24
    Options
    Haven't really had much support or guidelines. I am given time to go 2orkout everyday. I use the my fitness food log now. What is tdee?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I'm not army .. heck I'm not even American so I'm not sure how it works

Are you on a base so have your meals provided? Or can you choose your own food?

TDEE is total daily energy expenditure and is based on your age, height, weight, activity level plus the amount of exercise you do

Basically you need to eat less than you use to lose weight

roughly 3500 calories less = 1lb - so if you eat 1000 less per day, you'll lose roughly 2lb a week

What calorie amount did MFP give you

What workouts are you doing twice a day?

• onelownissan24
    Options
    I make my own food. I have been eating about 1,500 calories a day. About 3-5 miles of bike cardio everyothsr day.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused. Are you 10 lbs from weight? There's no way to know how much you need to lose to make tape. Can you clarify if you're 10 lbs from weight / and what % away from tape.

I might have made weight 5 times in my 8 years, but always passed tape. Big difference.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Read AR 600-9 ... learn what the Army considers overweight and if you are enrolled in the program, what it considers sufficient progress. There are a series of mandated steps the unit must take before they can "kick you out" (actually, process for separation under Chapter 18).
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I make my own food. I have been eating about 1,500 calories a day. About 3-5 miles of bike cardio everyothsr day.

For how long have you been eating 1500 calories a day - how much weight have you lost? are you logging it?

Are you increasing intensity of your cardio? what intensity? speed? what's your HR like? How long do you workout for in each session? How many calories are you burning, how measured?

What about your food logging, is it accurate? food scale? barcode scanning? double checking?

• Sued0nim
    Options
    Sorry got distracted and I see we have people who know military here now - listen to them
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I was on my phone before, what are your current stats, what weight do you need to hit to pass weight. What is your BF%, what do you need to hit to pass BF%.

Active Duty or Reserve? (Sounds like active Duty, but I just wanted to make sure as your PT regimen doesn't sound very Active Duty).

Edit: Also, can we take a look at your diary?
  • onelownissan24
    Options
    I'm about 10 pounds overweight or 1% over body fat.
  • onelownissan24
    Options
    I have lost over 20 pounds so far.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I was on prednisone and gained alot of weight. And also just had a surgery so haven't been able to exercise much. But if i can loose 10 pounds I can pass my weigh In and stay in.

Can you get an extension due to these extenuating circumstances?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Haven't really had much support or guidelines. I am given time to go 2orkout everyday. I use the my fitness food log now. What is tdee?

When I failed a weigh in when I was in the USAF, I was put in a group exercise class that met three days a week. They just give you time to workout but don't provide any structure?
  • bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    They can give you a 30 day extension, based on your recent weight loss you shouldn't have a problem getting that, hopefully your command is one that like to help their people. 10 lbs is loss le over a weekend (last case scenario) it takes water and a lot of exlax, works, trust me, I've been there
  • onelownissan24
    Options
    Pretty much. I'm a NCO. But they say go to the gym at 1500. And Noone else shows up.