"MyMacros"

Options
ricolifee
ricolifee Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been tracking macros for a month or so now, seemed to have hit a plateau.

5"2 female 57kg - lightly active/ work out approx 4 times a week.

I've been tracking at just under 1300. I average at about 60g carbs 140g protein 40g fat everyday.

I've just installed "MyMacros" app and according to my statistics.... It's recommending that i eat less than 1000 calories a day, surely this can't be right?

Replies

• ricolifee
    Options
    sgib2eodr9n2.png
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What's your goal weight?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Yea, just about the only think that app got right is your ideal protein intake. Please do not listen to this. That fat intake is dangerously low, as well as total calorie goal. How accurate are you at tracking calorie intake? Do you have a food scale that you use to weigh your food before you eat it?
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would never go under 1200 calories a day. I would keep your calories and macros where they are at 1300 and add more weight lifting
  • ricolifee
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Yea, just about the only think that app got right is your ideal protein intake. Please do not listen to this. That fat intake is dangerously low, as well as total calorie goal. How accurate are you at tracking calorie intake? Do you have a food scale that you use to weigh your food before you eat it?

I did think that. I worked my macros out from bodybuilding.com or something via the method of 1g fat = 9 calories etc etc .... So guess I'll just carry on as I am.

I don't weigh everything to exact, I know I shouldn't really estimate. That may be where I'm going wrong (although i highly doubt it due to my schedule my diet consists of a workout - followed by a protein shake - an egg based lunch around 2pm - and meat/fish and veg around 6/7pm. It's not like I'm over eating) I usually end the day with a few calories to spare to make up for any slight mis-measurements.
  • ricolifee
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    What's your goal weight?

53/54 kg
  • sarahspenceee
    sarahspenceee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    oooh I love this
  • sarahspenceee
    sarahspenceee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    maybe its suggesting 995 net calories...like you ate 1200 and burned 300? idk