P90X Lean schedule help

Options
IndigoVA
IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
I started P90X Lean 2 weeks ago, but I need some help figuring out a schedule for me. I work in my office Mon. and Tues. and work from home the rest of the week. There's gym right next to my office, so on Mon. and Tues. I work out there. Mon. is Zumba (very intense), and Tues. I run on the treadmill (trying to increase my endurance). So that leaves Wed.-Sun. for P90X. My schedule the past 2 weeks has been:

Wed.-Core Synergistics
Thurs.-Cardio X
Fri.-Shoulders and Arms
Sat.-Kenpo
Sun- rest (although not really since it's house cleaning/yard work day)

So I'm leaving out Yoga, which I have no issue with because I hate yoga. But I'm also leaving out legs. Do I need to do legs since I'm already doing Zumba, which is leg intensive, and running? If I do need to do it, where should I fit it in? Any thoughts?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I started P90X Lean 2 weeks ago, but I need some help figuring out a schedule for me. I work in my office Mon. and Tues. and work from home the rest of the week. There's gym right next to my office, so on Mon. and Tues. I work out there. Mon. is Zumba (very intense), and Tues. I run on the treadmill (trying to increase my endurance). So that leaves Wed.-Sun. for P90X. My schedule the past 2 weeks has been:

Wed.-Core Synergistics
    Thurs.-Cardio X
    Fri.-Shoulders and Arms
    Sat.-Kenpo

So I'm leaving out Yoga, which I have no issue with because I hate yoga. But I'm also leaving out legs. Do I need to do legs since I'm already doing Zumba, which is leg intensive, and running? If I do need to do it, where should I fit it in? Any thoughts?

I would not leave the legs workout out. Doing cardio does not work the legs in the same why.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I would say move them around to put the legs workout in. So maybe this:

Mon - Zumba
    Tues - Running
    Wed.-Core Synergistics
    Thurs.-Shoulders and Arms
    Fri.- Kenpo or Cardio X
    Sat.- Legs & Back
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    Make room in your life for Legs & back!! It's by far my favorite. I would suggest that over Kenpo especially if you already have zumba. The best shape I've ever been in my life was when I had the time to do five P90X workouts a week, including yoga (but dropping Kenpo and replacing it with running). Legs & Back does wonders for your leg muscles, butt, and it gives you some more pull up time which I've found maintains you so you can be ready for the following week.

I wear shorts ALL the time thanks to Legs & Back and I used to never ever wear shorts =)

You're missing out by skipping yoga. It's definitely there for a reason and there are even a couple ab exercises thrown in there too. But it's unrealistic to expect everyone to make time for 90 minutes of yoga. Hopefully one day again I'll have time.
  • streese50
    streese50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would sub out Cardio X for Legs. Do not miss the legs w/o for P90x Lean. Sub Kenpo-x for Cardio if you need the Cardio. Good luck to you.
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Stephanie, I'll start using your routine. That makes sense to me. I think I was getting too stuck on the routine given in the book. I have 2 small kids, and finding 1 1/2 hours for yoga is difficult for me. Especially with my 21 month old trying to climb me during every pose. :)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You're very welcome! I hope that it works out for you! :smile: